Old July 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
SeeingEyeDog

Default Bush Signs Presidential Executive Order? (ref:Terrorists)

Executive Order No. 9066

The President

Executive Order

Authorizing the Secretary of Defense to Prescribe Military Areas

Whereas the successful prosecution of the war requires every possible
protection against espionage and against sabotage to national-defense
material, national-defense premises, and national-defense utilities as
defined in Section 4, Act of April 20, 1918, 40 Stat. 533, as amended by the
Act of November 30, 1940, 54 Stat. 1220, and the Act of August 21, 1941, 55
Stat. 655 ( U.S.C., Title 50, Sec. 104 ) ;

Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the
United States, and Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy, I hereby
authorize and direct the Secretary of Defense, and the Military Commanders
whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated
Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military
areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military
Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and
with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave
shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Secretary of Defense or the
appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion. The Secretary
of Defense is hereby authorized to provide for residents of any such area
who are excluded therefrom, such transportation, food, shelter, and other
accommodations as may be necessary, in the judgment of the Secretary of
Defense or the said Military Commander, and until other arrangements are
made, to accomplish the purpose of this order. The designation of military
areas in any region or locality shall supersede designations of prohibited
and restricted areas by the Attorney General under the Proclamations of
December 7 and 8, 1941, and shall supersede the responsibility and authority
of the Attorney General under the said Proclamations in respect of such
prohibited and restricted areas.

I hereby further authorize and direct the Secretary of Defense and the said
Military Commanders to take such other steps as he or the appropriate
Military Commander may deem advisable to enforce compliance with the
restrictions applicable to each Military area hereinabove authorized to be
designated, including the use of Federal troops and other Federal Agencies,
with authority to accept assistance of state and local agencies.

I hereby further authorize and direct all Executive Departments, independent
establishments and other Federal Agencies, to assist the Secretary of
Defense or the said Military Commanders in carrying out this Executive
Order, including the furnishing of medical aid, hospitalization, food,
clothing, transportation, use of land, shelter, and other supplies,
equipment, utilities, facilities, and services.

This order shall not be construed as modifying or limiting in any way the
authority heretofore granted under Executive Order No. 8972, dated December
12, 1941, nor shall it be construed as limiting or modifying the duty and
responsibility of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with respect to the
investigation of alleged acts of sabotage or the duty and responsibility of
the Attorney General and the Department of Justice under the Proclamations
of December 7 and 8, 1941, prescribing regulations for the conduct and
control of alien enemies, except as such duty and responsibility is
superseded by the designation of military areas hereunder.

George W. Bush

The White House,

July 22, 2005.

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/internment.html
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Old July 23rd 05, 04:41 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Executive Order No. 9066

Snip

I just want the executive summery of whether you plan to EVER POST ON
TOPIC.

Thanks.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 23rd 05, 06:02 AM
Brenda Ann

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Executive Order No. 9066

Snip

I just want the executive summery of whether you plan to EVER POST ON
TOPIC.

If you Google that executive order number, you'll find that it is indeed a
real document.. right down to the last line. Only the signature has
changed.. it was actually issued by Roosevelt.

Old July 23rd 05, 03:53 PM
SeeingEyeDog

"-=jd=-" wrote

I was thinking that any new executive order would be at, or over, 14000 by
now. It would appear that some franticly desperate Bush hater has been
taking lessons from Dan Rather...

On the contre messue. I would be happy to see the Islamists and their
brother Leftist propagandists interned.
The sooner the better!

Old July 23rd 05, 10:31 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Executive Order No. 9066

Snip

I just want the executive summery of whether you plan to EVER POST ON
TOPIC.

If you Google that executive order number, you'll find that it is indeed a
real document.. right down to the last line. Only the signature has
changed.. it was actually issued by Roosevelt.

I don't care if its real. It's not on topic. I don't even care if people
occasionally post off topic but when it's all they do they should find a
more appropriate news group that fits their interest.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 23rd 05, 10:34 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Snip

You are in the wrong new group. I don't read this news group for
political news or views.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
Telamon

In article ,
jd wrote:

On Sat 23 Jul 2005 05:34:19p, Telamon
wrote in message
ext.news.prodigy.com:

In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Snip

You are in the wrong new group. I don't read this news group for
political news or views.

Plonk

Why not? You listen to political news and views on the radio like everone
else, don't you?

Here, just for you: BALUN

Feel better?

You changed your handle just so I could see this, why bother?

No it did not make me feel better.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 24th 05, 12:22 AM
running dogg

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"SeeingEyeDog" wrote:

Snip

You are in the wrong new group. I don't read this news group for
political news or views.

Plonk

"SeeingEyeDog" is our old friend Li again. I suppose his latest killfile
evasion is in tribute to me. Imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery.

Old July 24th 05, 11:41 PM
Telamon

In article ,
Jaden wrote:

Snip

I see you are still knocking on the door and running... Remind me
that if I'm ever in a scuffle, I *don't* want you watching my back.
Judging only by your behavior in here, you'd be half-way to the next
zip-code within seconds if anything broke out.

No problem I'll just keep putting your new handles in the kill file.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 25th 05, 04:55 PM
Telamon

In article ,
Enrique wrote:

On Sun 24 Jul 2005 06:41:16p, Telamon
wrote in message
ext.news.prodigy.com:

In article ,
Jaden wrote:

Snip

I see you are still knocking on the door and running... Remind me
that if I'm ever in a scuffle, I *don't* want you watching my back.
Judging only by your behavior in here, you'd be half-way to the next
zip-code within seconds if anything broke out.

No problem I'll just keep putting your new handles in the kill file.

Plonk

But will you keep replying?

Plonk

--