RadioBanter

-   -   Next Shuttle Launch (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/75046-next-shuttle-launch.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 05 08:54 PM

Next Shuttle Launch

According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If I
miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

Steve

an old friend July 22nd 05 09:12 PM

wrote:
According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If I
miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

I just hope they in fact launch the thing
Steve

David July 22nd 05 09:30 PM

On 22 Jul 2005 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If I
miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

Steve

People in outer space is a huge boondoggle and pork program. Total
****ing waste of money.

an old friend July 22nd 05 09:37 PM

David wrote:
On 22 Jul 2005 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If I
miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

Steve

People in outer space is a huge boondoggle and pork program. Total
****ing waste of money.

well better than studing the propogation of fruit flies

Brian Hill July 22nd 05 09:50 PM

"David" wrote in message

People in outer space is a huge boondoggle and pork program. Total
****ing waste of money.

shut up stupid

[email protected] July 22nd 05 10:01 PM

If there is even a remote question of safety,I don't want Space Shuttle
Discovery to launch at all.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 22nd 05 10:05 PM

Oddball (Donald Sutherland) in Kelly's Heroes movie.How many times have
I told you!!?? Think Positive!
cuhulin

John Smith July 22nd 05 10:18 PM

This all makes me wish we had subcontracted the space program out to
the chinese, along with our commercial satellites...

.... besides, on the whole the chinese have smaller bodies masses than
us, cheaper to slingshot 'em into space... grin

John

Telamon July 23rd 05 04:43 AM

In article .com,
wrote:

According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If
I miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

What kind of service is the 10,780 KHz supposed to be?

How about a link.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon July 23rd 05 04:44 AM

In article . com,
"an old friend" wrote:

wrote:
According to the NASA website:

"NASA is wrapping up work on Discovery's fuel sensor circuit problem
and now plans to pick up the countdown Saturday, with a launch no
earlier than 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26."

I'll try to monitor 10780 khz on Monday, July 25 in the hope of
learning which frequencies to tune to during and after the launch. If I
miss the announcement, hopefully someone else will catch it.

I just hope they in fact launch the thing

I just hope no one gets killed in the process.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California