Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3rd 05, 04:32 PM
David

Default My Only Regret

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:19:35 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

Guys,

this is a SW newsgroup and politics has nothing to do with it. It doesn't
belong here. I remember when I first started out and came here, RHF and many
others were such great help to me and answered all my questions for me. RHF
was right up there with his good natured heart and helpful ways. I even was
talking about radio with Dxace and he gave me good radio advice too.

Now, with all the OT political posts, including mine recently, the radio
hobby friendships I had have been somewhat ruined. I hope not, but it's hard
to take back bad feelings especially personal political stuff.

I feel badly about all this cause in reality our posts will not change
anything except cause strong emotions and bitter feelings. Even though Mark
Holden is a very intelligent and understanding person, I can't help but see
these arguments causing mixed feelings between us. I hope not I truly do. I
have not changed my feelings towards him in any way whatsoever.

So, I think it's best to get back to what we're all really here for, radio
fun!!!!!!!
Rah rah turn that knob!!!!!

I mean what good does all these political posts do actually? All it does is
divide people and causes hate. Do we really need this in our lives? Many of
us are getting up there in age and we definitely don't need this
aggravation.

It's a tit for tat game that's all. Sure we can still discuss politics but
in the proper group for it if we chose to do so. I know, I'm one to talk
after all my postings and rantings but then it hit me how the good times
were so much better then this and how it turned into a mess.

I don't want to blame anyone else for my posts, but it all started with
people dropping in here JUST to post their agenda. It's hard not to get
involved after reading one these OT posts. You just naturally want to voice
your opinions. I'm going to try and stay out of these types of posts now. In
the end I see no point in them for this SHORTWAVENEWSGROUP.

Sorry
Lucky

These are extraordinary times. We are under siege and unless we
resist the fascists they will make your shortwave radio illegal.

There are already laws drafted that make listening outside broadcast
bands verboten.