Old August 7th 05, 05:14 PM
Conan Ford

Default S350DL sales and price in Canada

I have been keeping an eye on the S350DL stock in the local Radio Shack*
stores here in Calgary, AB, Canada, as I am tempted to buy one, via their
website. It looks to me like the stores that have them (and the number is
increasing, about half of them have them now) sell one every three days or
so. Not bad considering the price ($100), and the fact that they are
radios, which few people seem to be interested in anymore.

Also, you may find this interesting: Universal Radio sells these guys for
$150 US, and here in Canada they sell for $150 Canadian, at Radio Shack* of
all places, or about $120 US. You guys are getting ripped off! The same
applies for this radio's little brother, the S-350, $99 US or $99 Canadian.

* They were called Radio shack until a lawsuit between Tandy and InterTAN,
now they are The Source by Circuit City, but that is too damn long to say.

P.S. It is nice to see the tables turned once in a while, we usually get
ripped off big time on any consumer electronics here, with resellers
applying the same markup with respect to US prices that they used to apply
when the Canadian dollar was worth 20% less than it is now, because
everyone's used to getting the shaft.

Old August 7th 05, 09:51 PM
homepc

Does the Canadian version include an AC adapter and the headphones as
advertised with the US version? I looked at www.thesourcecc.com catalog
number 2019501 and it only shows the radio in the product description with
no other items listed.

Does the S350DL sound a lot better than the original S350 with the smaller
speaker? I would like to get the Tecsun BCL 3000 version that still has the
smaller 4" speaker.

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
[...]

N3CVJ denies failures, while Presidential Commission admitsfailures. I AmnotGeorgeBush CB 147 June 17th 05 01:00 PM
Digital radio sales surge past 1m mark Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 21st 05 10:31 PM
G & F Sales Company, Chicago -- 1930's Futuristic Wood Radio has been called the "Searchlight radio" Chris Swap 0 January 12th 05 04:53 PM
chuckie's price list..... gw CB 3 November 11th 03 03:01 PM
Free - National Radio Co. (NCRI) Sales Brochure Bob Balonis Boatanchors 0 October 19th 03 10:16 PM