RadioBanter

-   -   Voice of Africa QSL ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/76027-voice-africa-qsl.html)

frank halaburak August 9th 05 12:23 AM

Voice of Africa QSL ?

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Thanks and 73, Frank

dxAce August 9th 05 12:57 AM

frank halaburak wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Well yes, at least from Libya, Radio Jamahiriyah... but that was when they
actually transmitted from Libya. Currently it seems to be France.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce August 9th 05 02:19 AM

dxAce wrote:

frank halaburak wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Well yes, at least from Libya, Radio Jamahiriyah... but that was when they
actually transmitted from Libya. Currently it seems to be France.

Here's what the card looks like:

http://www.antique-corner.com/SWLQSL/libya.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Monte August 9th 05 04:42 AM

I sent a reception report to the Libya address and to their Malta
address on December 16, 2002. Received a personal letter February 4,
2003 via registered mail (at least I had to sign for it at the post
office). While the letter does not verify my reception exactly, it
does mention "your following-up programmes of voice of Africa and also
your notices." And it was signed by someone at "Listeners affairs".
Over the following months they also sent a tourism booklet, a tourism
CD/DVD, and another piece I forgot what. Each envelope also contained
a reception report form printed on heavy, glossy, green paper. It's
not a place I want to visit, but you're right about the nice colorful
stamps.

Monte
Nashville, Tennessee USA

frank halaburak August 9th 05 07:56 PM

"dxAce" a écrit dans le message de news:

dxAce wrote:

frank halaburak wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have
received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception
report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Well yes, at least from Libya, Radio Jamahiriyah... but that was when
they
actually transmitted from Libya. Currently it seems to be France.

Here's what the card looks like:

http://www.antique-corner.com/SWLQSL/libya.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Thanks DX. I put that website into my favorites folder.

frank halaburak August 9th 05 08:01 PM

Hi Monte, I haven't received any CD/DVD yet. Just yesterday I got three
identical envelopes but
with different stamps and they all had the reception report form and a
pamphlet, They could hae thrown
in a QSL ! All 3 were postmarked on July 31. 73, Frank
message de news: ...