Old August 9th 05, 12:23 AM
frank halaburak

Default Voice of Africa QSL ?

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Thanks and 73, Frank

Old August 9th 05, 12:57 AM
dxAce

frank halaburak wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Well yes, at least from Libya, Radio Jamahiriyah... but that was when they
actually transmitted from Libya. Currently it seems to be France.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 9th 05, 02:19 AM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

frank halaburak wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Well yes, at least from Libya, Radio Jamahiriyah... but that was when they
actually transmitted from Libya. Currently it seems to be France.

Here's what the card looks like:

http://www.antique-corner.com/SWLQSL/libya.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 9th 05, 04:42 AM
Monte

I sent a reception report to the Libya address and to their Malta
address on December 16, 2002. Received a personal letter February 4,
2003 via registered mail (at least I had to sign for it at the post
office). While the letter does not verify my reception exactly, it
does mention "your following-up programmes of voice of Africa and also
your notices." And it was signed by someone at "Listeners affairs".
Over the following months they also sent a tourism booklet, a tourism
CD/DVD, and another piece I forgot what. Each envelope also contained
a reception report form printed on heavy, glossy, green paper. It's
not a place I want to visit, but you're right about the nice colorful
stamps.

Monte
Nashville, Tennessee USA

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:23:15 -0400, "frank halaburak"
wrote:

Hi, I mailed in a reception report back in April and so far I have received
6 envelopes in the mail
from them. Each one had a folded-up pamphlet and printed reception report
form. No QSL yet.
Nice stamps on the envelopes though. Has anybody here been succesful in
getting a QSL from them ?

Thanks and 73, Frank

Your Sing, Africa, ReSpirit the World David Shortwave 5 December 13th 04 06:33 PM
IBRA Radio B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 November 3rd 04 06:43 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM
Channel Africa A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 1 April 4th 04 06:17 AM
Channel Africa A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 2nd 04 09:16 PM