RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Nepal (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/76346-radio-nepal.html)

Michael August 14th 05 03:10 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do my ears deceive me? Sounds like some weak strains of music on 5005
from Radio Nepal. Anyone else hear it?

Steve

Almost defiantly not them. I'm not going to say impossible, but very
improbable given the time of your post. Even if they used a lot of juice,
it would still be improbable on that frequency at that time. 5005 would
have been sucked up in daylight conditions. About five months ago, I posted
a question to see if anyone was sure how much juice they were using. As
pointed out in this thread, they have a 100 kilowatt transmitter, but it is
not known if they crank it all the way up. I've tried a few times to hear
them and the best I've ever gotten was a het. Who knows if it was them or
not.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

dxAce August 14th 05 03:14 PM

Michael wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do my ears deceive me? Sounds like some weak strains of music on 5005
from Radio Nepal. Anyone else hear it?

Steve

Almost defiantly not them. I'm not going to say impossible, but very
improbable given the time of your post. Even if they used a lot of juice,
it would still be improbable on that frequency at that time. 5005 would
have been sucked up in daylight conditions. About five months ago, I posted
a question to see if anyone was sure how much juice they were using. As
pointed out in this thread, they have a 100 kilowatt transmitter, but it is
not known if they crank it all the way up. I've tried a few times to hear
them and the best I've ever gotten was a het. Who knows if it was them or
not.

Best time to hear them is mornings (at least in eastern USA) in say December or
January.

Western USA even has a good shot at their English broadcast at 1415-1430 then.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

RHF August 14th 05 10:52 PM

Michael,

Telamon August 15th 05 06:24 AM

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

Michael,
.
In spite of the Time of Year, the Time of Day, and what all the
Propagation Indexes and Calculators 'predict'.
.
You sometimes Hear Them - When You Hear Them. [ And Nobody Else Can
]
.
It is sort of like there is this Tunnel in the Sky going
Half-Way-Around-the-World with the Signal Over There getting
'funneled' right down into your Antenna (Here).
.
It may last several minutes or only a few seconds. But for that
brief period of time... It's There !
.
DX - You Got To Be There To Hear It . . . Can You Hear It !
.
the magic and mysteries of dxing - turn the radio on ! ~ RHF

Uh-huh... I recall an incident years ago when a real Sharp individual
(I won't mention his name :-) down in Florida ostensibly heard
Tristan da Cunha on 3290 kHz, running 40 watts, over a total daylight
path.

He sent the station a report and somehow they QSL'd it... after that
the individual was pretty much ostracized, at least in the hobby
press.

It's pretty much impossible to accomplish the impossible.

Well I have heard Australia on 6020 MHz early mornings when it was
daylight at my location and Australia is half way round the world. No
mission is to tough for Telamon!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

[email protected] August 15th 05 05:59 PM

I guess it takes a durn good Shortwave Radio and Antenna to pick up
Radio Nepal.Has anybody heard Tibet? I haven't.
cuhulin

dxAce August 15th 05 06:59 PM

wrote:

I guess it takes a durn good Shortwave Radio and Antenna to pick up
Radio Nepal.Has anybody heard Tibet?

Yep, QSL'd 'em too. Xizang PBS. Guess you'd have to find out these days which
frequency is actually via Tibet.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] August 15th 05 07:39 PM

Those chicoms sure did mess up Tibet.I can imagine what Tibet thinks of
that.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 15th 05 07:42 PM

DxAce,my old junk Shortwave Goodwill Radios,I dont even know if I could
even pick up Nepal and or Tibet with only the built in antennas in them.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 15th 05 07:50 PM

I am fixin to do a www.devilfinder.com for,Tibet.I know who they
are and I know where they live. www.supertalkms.com
(of course I really only want to check out them Tibetian wimmins)
cuhulin