Old August 14th 05, 03:19 AM

Default Radio Nepal

Do my ears deceive me? Sounds like some weak strains of music on 5005
from Radio Nepal. Anyone else hear it?

Steve

Old August 14th 05, 04:11 AM

You sure don't hear Radio Nepal everyday....or I don't, anyway. I was
using an R8B and one of the Wellbrook loops.

Steve

Old August 14th 05, 01:02 PM

I was looking a propagation site last night before I turned in. It does
seem pretty unlikely to hear Nepal at that time on the East Coast. I
couldn't find info about any stations scheduled for that frequency at
that time, but a station could have changed its broadcast schedule
recently....or maybe it was a pirate.

Steve

Old August 14th 05, 01:06 PM

I just found Radio Nepal's website: http://www.radionepal.org/.
According to this site, they broadcast on SW with 100kw. Anyone know if
this is correct? I thought they used less power than this.

Steve

Old August 14th 05, 01:11 PM
dxAce

I just found Radio Nepal's website:
http://www.radionepal.org/.
According to this site, they broadcast on SW with 100kw. Anyone know if
this is correct? I thought they used less power than this.

They do have 100 kw transmitters. Whether they run them at full power or not is
up in the air.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 14th 05, 01:28 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

I just found Radio Nepal's website:
http://www.radionepal.org/.
According to this site, they broadcast on SW with 100kw. Anyone know if
this is correct? I thought they used less power than this.

They do have 100 kw transmitters. Whether they run them at full power or not is
up in the air.

One interesting thing about Nepal is their time. The top of the the hour for them
is at quarter after in our time. They are offset from GMT by 5 hours and 45
minutes.

Kind of like India being offset by a half hour.

dxAce
Michigan
USA