Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 27th 05, 05:07 PM
FDR

Default OT War On Brains Kicks Into High Gear

"David" wrote in message
The Republican War on Science
by Chris Mooney

America has long prided itself on its dynamic industrial and
scientific innovation. We boasted of our investment in research to
produce new technology, products and medical breakthroughs, because we
were a country always moving forward. Born of a revolution that
rejected the stultifying constraints of Monarchist governments, we
were unleashed to invent a future without constraints.

So historians, in a few years, may look back on the era of right wing
Republican rule and wonder how we became saddled with a government
that is intent on moving the nation backwards instead of forwards.
It's as if you were a passenger in a car speeding down the expressway
at 60 miles per hour and suddenly the driver threw the gear into
reverse.

The technological pride this country had is dwindling. Not only from this
administration, but from companies moving it out to foreign countries, and a
weakened higher education system because we value popstars, celebrities and
athletes much more than engineers and scientists.