Old August 28th 05, 12:36 PM
dxAce

Default Hurricane Watch Net

The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 28th 05, 08:48 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Coming in loud and clear in east Tennessee, USA
14325 USB, 1945 UTC

Old August 28th 05, 08:54 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Coming in loud and clear in east Tennessee, USA
14325 USB, 1945 UTC

The following does not paint a very bright picture for New Orleans:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

I'm going to try to listen to 870 WWL this evening, but who knows how long they might be on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 28th 05, 09:51 PM
Stinger

"dxAce" wrote in message
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thank you.

The 10 AM National Weather Service track shows the eye going right over my
town (Picayune, MS). Fortunately, we won't have to deal with any storm
surge here because we're far enough inland (25 miles). Those winds have me
very concerned, though. We've got a lot of tall pine trees around here.

-- Stinger

Old August 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Roy Haines with Dewey Foley

"Stinger" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thank you.

The 10 AM National Weather Service track shows the eye going right over my
town (Picayune, MS). Fortunately, we won't have to deal with any storm
surge here because we're far enough inland (25 miles). Those winds have
me very concerned, though. We've got a lot of tall pine trees around
here.

-- Stinger

Any regional radio stations with 'net feeds?
14.325 isnt really S9 over here in SoCal at this time.

Old August 29th 05, 03:59 AM

Do a www.devilfinder.com for,Louisiana Radio Stations Streaming
on the Internet. www.radio-locator.com might have something too.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 05, 06:31 PM

There are some radio stations that the Mississippi River isn't the
"divideing line" for.I have known that since back in the 1940's when I
was a little boy (I am a big boy now gals) and I started tuneing around
on our big old home radio in Carthage,Mississippi.I was listening to our
radio before I was even born.I will ride them Radio Waves to Radio
Heaven when I croak.
cuhulin