Old August 28th 05, 12:36 PM
dxAce

Default Hurricane Watch Net

The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 28th 05, 08:48 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Coming in loud and clear in east Tennessee, USA
14325 USB, 1945 UTC

Old August 28th 05, 08:54 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Coming in loud and clear in east Tennessee, USA
14325 USB, 1945 UTC

The following does not paint a very bright picture for New Orleans:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

I'm going to try to listen to 870 WWL this evening, but who knows how long they might be on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 28th 05, 09:51 PM
Stinger

"dxAce" wrote in message
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thank you.

The 10 AM National Weather Service track shows the eye going right over my
town (Picayune, MS). Fortunately, we won't have to deal with any storm
surge here because we're far enough inland (25 miles). Those winds have me
very concerned, though. We've got a lot of tall pine trees around here.

-- Stinger

Old August 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Roy Haines with Dewey Foley

"Stinger" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message
The Hurricane Watch Net will activate today at 1900 on 14325.

Hurricane Katrina in now a Category 5 hurricane with 160 MPH winds.

Good luck to all in her path.

http://www.hwn.org/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thank you.

The 10 AM National Weather Service track shows the eye going right over my
town (Picayune, MS). Fortunately, we won't have to deal with any storm
surge here because we're far enough inland (25 miles). Those winds have
me very concerned, though. We've got a lot of tall pine trees around
here.

-- Stinger

Any regional radio stations with 'net feeds?
14.325 isnt really S9 over here in SoCal at this time.

Old August 29th 05, 03:54 AM

By the way, I see that New Orleans has radio stations with callsigns
that begin with both K and W. This is true of both Pittsburgh and
Philadelphia as well. How many other places?

Old August 29th 05, 03:59 AM

Do a www.devilfinder.com for,Louisiana Radio Stations Streaming
on the Internet. www.radio-locator.com might have something too.
cuhulin

Old August 29th 05, 01:44 PM
Stinger

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Stinger wrote:

The 10 AM National Weather Service track shows the eye going right over
my
town (Picayune, MS). Fortunately, we won't have to deal with any storm
surge here because we're far enough inland (25 miles). Those winds have
me
very concerned, though. We've got a lot of tall pine trees around here.

I sat here wide awake at home while Hurricane Frances snapped trees
off around me for 48 hours straight last year. Both oks and pines were
groaning and making cracking sounds, till they finally came down. The
pines mostly broke off about 2/3 of the way up, while the oaks were
either uprooted, or were split at a major fork near the ground. I spent
the next one in a shelter. All i took was some clothes, my medicine and
two radios to try to hear the news. I had a DX-375 (Takes two "C"
cells) for shortwave, and a Sony SRF-49 for the local stations because
it will run for days on a single alkaline AA cell. The only other things
were important papers and my old truck.

You, and everyone I know in the path are in my prayers. Take care,
and may God bless!

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

We're definitely in the storm now. The eye wall still won't be here until
after noon.

It's raining sideways due to gusty wind. The lights are flickering about
every 20 to 40 seconds -- we should lose power soon.

Looking outside, I see lots of small twigs and leaves - type debris
everywhere. No big limbs yet. The pine trees are really swaying.

One interesting thing is that when I was having some coffee about 10 minutes
ago, I looked out on the lake where we live and saw a half-dozen seagulls
swooping around. I guess they got blown inland, because we don't normally
see them.

-- Stinger

Old August 29th 05, 01:52 PM

Coverage from New Orleans. www.worldnetdaily.com It is very cloudy
and the wind is picking up here in Jackson,Mississippi.We got a little
bit of rain here last night.
cuhulin