RadioBanter

-   -   Superadio II (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/77423-superadio-ii.html)

dxAce August 31st 05 05:45 PM

Superadio II

Picked up a GE Superadio II this morning in about as near to mint condition one
can find, only $2 at one of the local thrift stores.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] August 31st 05 06:05 PM

dxAce wrote:
Picked up a GE Superadio II this morning in about as near to mint condition one
can find, only $2 at one of the local thrift stores.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I just have to ask: Were there any 'wimmins' at that thrift store. :)
Steve

dxAce August 31st 05 06:16 PM

wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Picked up a GE Superadio II this morning in about as near to mint condition one
can find, only $2 at one of the local thrift stores.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I just have to ask: Were there any 'wimmins' at that thrift store. :)

There were a few.

Guess I got a pretty good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-GE-Superadio-II-Great-Condition_W0QQitemZ5801605861QQcategoryZ16702QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] August 31st 05 06:19 PM

Yeah, I'd say you got a very good deal. They do bring a pretty penny on
ebay.

Steve

[email protected] August 31st 05 07:19 PM

I am a Goodwill store shoppaholic and there are lots of very cute
wimmins at the Goodwill store I go to.They were closed Monday and
Tuesday because of Hurricane Katrina.I am thinking I might drive over
there now and see if the store is open.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 31st 05 09:44 PM

You might want to drive over there just to see if the store is still
there....period.

Steve

Rob Mills August 31st 05 10:06 PM

"dxAce" wrote in message

only $2 at one of the local thrift stores

That's what I paid for mine at an estate sale. I liked it so well I sold my
Super III in a garage sale for $20. RM~

delphi4 August 31st 05 10:46 PM

Picked up a Superadio I at a weekend drive in swap meet last year for $1.
Missing the tone knob, broken antenna, and pretty scuffed up... but works as
a Superadio should. Amazing the stuff people think is trash...

Rob Mills August 31st 05 11:38 PM

"Rob Mills" wrote in message

That's what I paid for mine at an estate sale.

Forgot to mention that my two dollar Super was a Super I, it looks like it
was just removed from the box. RM~

[email protected] August 31st 05 11:53 PM

Good deal .. Enjoy..