Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 2nd 05, 09:07 PM
Michael Lawson

Default Yard Sales

I'm planning on tagging along with my wife when
she goes to some yard sales this weekend. I have
to admit that I'm not a big fan of these things, but
I figure that if I can at least poke around to see
if anything electronic shows up, it can't be all
bad.

My question revolves around the receivers that you
see on eBay; a majority of them seem to have come
from either an estate sale or yard sale at some point.
Would I have any luck hunting around a yard sale
for a piece of shortwave equipment, or would my
time be better spent going the estate sale route?
Not that I want to encourage my wife in this any
more than I have to; I just figure that if I'm going
to be going along as the muscle, I'd like to know
what my chances are for finding something interesting.

For my money, I'd rather look at a hamfest, but I
can also see people parting with a shortwave receiver
for less money at a yard or estate sale because they
don't know what they have.

--Mike L.