Old September 9th 05, 02:41 AM
SR

Default WWL 870 0N SW

I heard on MW radio that they were going to build a radio station at the
Dome (the stadium).

SR!

Pete M wrote:
For timebeing Radio station WWL 870AM broadcast on shortwave via WHRI
Southcarolina, here are the frequencies

Monday-Friday Time=CT

a.. 12-6am 5.835
b.. 7-9am 11.785
c.. 9am-3pm 15.285 (Interrupted 10am-1pm for maintenance, as
required)
d.. 5-7pm 9.840
Saturday

a.. 12-7am 5.835
b.. 9am-12pm 15.285
c.. 6-7pm 9.840
d.. 7-9pm 5.835
e.. 10pm-12am 5.835
Sunday

a.. 12-7am 5.835
b.. 9am-12pm 15.285
c.. 1-4pm 15.285
d.. 9pm-12am 5.835
Website: http://www.wwl.com

Old September 9th 05, 03:53 AM

The best place to get New Orleans news/updates is,WWL 870.I am listening
to WWL 870 on my Panasonic model no.RF-708 AM/FM radio right now,just as
strong as though WWL 870 is next door,almost,most of the time at night
time.Night time is the righttttt time,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old September 9th 05, 03:56 AM

In about two months,some building experts are going to be looking the
Superdome over real good and then they will decide about repairing the
Superdome.
cuhulin

Old September 9th 05, 04:02 AM

There will be a lot of poop to clean out of the Supedome first though.It
is probally as thick as that Pidgeon poop on top of the roof of the old
King Edward hotel on Capitol Street in down town Jackson.That old hotel
was shut down back in the 1960's,I understand the hotel is being
remodeled right now.
cuhulin

Old September 9th 05, 05:26 AM
SR

hi cuhulin: Thats a MW station, when I turn in I hear a distorted voice
and lots of static. It near a stronger station on 880. I am in New
York City. You must be closer.

I am using a Grundig 800.

I wish someone could record this on their PC and put it on a website.

SR 73!

Old September 9th 05, 06:21 AM

I am in Jackson,Mississippi,180 miles North of New Orleans.WWL 870 booms
in good and loud on my radio at night time.Pretty often,I can pick up
WWL 870 in the daytime good enough to listen to,but there is some fading
in and out. www.wwl.com has a link where you can listen in with
your computer,I think.
cuhulin