Old September 11th 05, 04:26 PM
dxAce

" wrote:

What is worse, is that Bush gave them MORE dike money than Clinton, but
Mayor Nagin spent it elsewhere!

Nagin's worse than any Mayor Daly....

Really. Any thinking person has to realize that help is probably not going to
materialize instantaneously from outside the affected area of any disaster.

It's up to the folks right there on the scene to have a effective plan, and be
able to put that plan into place to be able to weather the storm (no pun
intended) until additional help can arrive.

As I recall it, they were warned in the past that Federal help may not arrive
for several days. They did not heed that warning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 11th 05, 04:36 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:08:01 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Damn... it's becoming more and more apparent that the officials in Louisiana
really screwed up as the first line of defense.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

They acknowledged before the storm that they would be overwhelmed.

Then they should have done MORE prior to the storm, 'tard boy, instead of sitting
around picking their dingle-berry's like the typical liberal ****stains that they
are waiting for someone else to come along and bail (no pun intended) them out.

That was FEMA's job.

It's NOT FEMA's job PRIOR to the storm, ****-for-brains, it's FEMA's job to come
in AFTER a disaster or catastrophe. Prior to the storm or catastrophe it's up to
local or State government to handle their own damn affairs.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 11th 05, 04:37 PM

Decorum means whatever you think you want it to mean,, I equate it
to,niceness and with a sense of humor,, as regarding cheney and
Dr.Marble.cheney,FREE MARBLE,the guy was only blowing off some steam.
cuhulin

Old September 11th 05, 04:42 PM

cheney said,, er,,ahh,,oh forget it.(or something like that) in
Gulfport,Mississippi.cheney is originally from Nebraska,, I will let him
slide on that.
cuhulin

Old September 11th 05, 04:55 PM
Brian Hill

"David" wrote in message

They acknowledged before the storm that they would be overwhelmed.
That was FEMA's job.

Well if I knew my balls were going to get kicked sometime in the future , I
sure as hell wouldn't wait for FEMA. That city had plenty of decades to
prepare for this storm. I doubt they'll be prepared for the next one too and
blame everyone for not helping them quick enough.

B.H.

Old September 11th 05, 06:26 PM
Telamon

In article ,
David wrote:

A rough reconstruction of the flooding based on anecdotal accounts,
interviews, and computer modeling, shows that the huge scale of the
overlapping floods – one fast, one slow – should have been clear to
some officials by mid-afternoon Monday, when city representatives
confirmed that the 17th Street canal floodwall had been breached.

Snip

Look this is a very important event but it does not belong in this news
group. This event is over and yet you keep posting one article after
another about it. It's time to stop. If you feel the need to continue to
post about this then find another news group or find a way to associate
it with SW such as the posts about the WWL AMBCB station being
rebroadcast by World Harvest Radio as an example.

These post just incite the Trolls in the news group. Let the Trolling
idiots find their own off topic items to argue about.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 12th 05, 05:04 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On 12 Sep 2005 06:53:44 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - This I heard this first on NPR.
.
But you know sometimes DaviD even FOX News Gets It Right !
.
Pete Wilson on KGO and your favorite Dr. Bill on KGO
are also have been saying the same thing about the
misappropriation of Flood Control Funds designated
for Levee Reconstruction in and around the City of
New Orleans.
.
Pete Wilson @ Monday - Friday: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
http://www.kgoam810.com/complexshowdj.asp?DJID=4734
.
Dr. Bill Wattenburg @ Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
http://www.kgoam810.com/complexshowdj.asp?DJID=3552
.
DaviD - Dr. Bill says you are wrong, Wrong. WRONG !
.
david - by pete or re-pete - you are no dr bill ~ RHF
. . . . .

You're hallucinating again. I haven't said a word about flood control
funds.

Why not? You've certainly flapped your bat**** crazy 'tard boy jaws on most
everything else.

dxAce