RadioBanter

-   -   Jet Blue Flight 292 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/78650-jet-blue-flight-292-a.html)

[email protected] September 22nd 05 02:22 AM

Jet Blue Flight 292

has just now landed safely at LAX.That was a close one!
cuhulin

[email protected] September 22nd 05 12:23 PM

- Not to worry..

They'll find some Independant Contractors on

a streetcorner somewhere & fix that ol' sombitch right up!

- Wonder if you get extra frequent flier points when your aircraft
lands in flames . . .

glad they all made it..

John S. September 22nd 05 12:53 PM

wrote:
has just now landed safely at LAX.That was a close one!
cuhulin

A big round of applause for that pilot. He nailed that landing and
kept the nose gear right on the line.

[email protected] September 22nd 05 01:28 PM

Yep,the Pilot did a great job bringing that Airplane in for a landing.I
wonder why they didn't foam the landing strip first though? He probally
had white knuckles there for a while.Yesterday,I saw a website in Canada
about an Airline called White Knuckle Air. www.devilfinder.com
White Knuckle Airlines
cuhulin

[email protected] September 23rd 05 03:03 AM

I own two round aluminum "slide rule" Pilot flight calcularor/computer
thingys.One of them has the carrying case and instructions.I bought them
at a goodwill store years ago.

www.politicalwire.com Barbour 2008 Buzz Gets Louder.
cuhulin

Cmdr Buzz Corey September 23rd 05 05:02 AM

wrote:
Yep,the Pilot did a great job bringing that Airplane in for a landing.I
wonder why they didn't foam the landing strip first though? He probally
had white knuckles there for a while.Yesterday,I saw a website in Canada
about an Airline called White Knuckle Air.
www.devilfinder.com
White Knuckle Airlines
cuhulin

Foaming the runway would have only made it slick and harder to control
the plane. You foam the runway when a plane has to land with the gear up.

m II September 23rd 05 05:42 AM

wrote:

I own two round aluminum "slide rule" Pilot flight calcularor/computer
thingys.One of them has the carrying case and instructions.I bought them
at a goodwill store years ago.

I'm surprised you bought them. Magnets don't screw up aluminium like
they do a tv screen.

mike.

clifto September 23rd 05 09:52 PM

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
John S. wrote:
wrote:
has just now landed safely at LAX.That was a close one!

A big round of applause for that pilot. He nailed that landing and
kept the nose gear right on the line.

He sure did, right down the strip. That was excellent flying/landing.

Actually, he apologized for being six inches off centerline. :)

[email protected] September 23rd 05 10:10 PM

Can you imagine holding a shopping cart with a wobbly wheel one tenth of
an inch down a centerline in a store? Now compare that with with that
Pilot holding that Jet Blue Airplane sideways nose wheel anywhere near
that landing strip line.The Pilot did an excellent job of bringing that
Airplane in to a safe landing.
cuhulin

Dave Baker September 24th 05 01:43 AM

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:03:26 -0500, wrote:

I own two round aluminum "slide rule" Pilot flight calcularor/computer
thingys.One of them has the carrying case and instructions.I bought them
at a goodwill store years ago.

They call them an E6B.