Old September 24th 05, 11:10 PM
David

Default What About the G5RV 'type' Dipole Antenna made of Slinkys ?

On 24 Sep 2005 13:21:29 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

David - Oh Slinkys . . .
Their Just Something To Toy Around With ) ~ RHF
{ I have been waiting to use that line for a while. }
.
.
. .

Now that's a hoot.

http://othello.mech.northwestern.edu...xt_string.html

Old September 25th 05, 06:28 PM
Greg

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 24 Sep 2005 13:21:29 -0700

David - Oh Slinkys . . .
Their Just Something To Toy Around With ) ~ RHF
{ I have been waiting to use that line for a while. }
.

I that the first thought that springs to mind?

Greg

Old September 25th 05, 07:55 PM
Greg

From: Greg
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:28:43 GMT

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 24 Sep 2005 13:21:29 -0700

David - Oh Slinkys . . .
Their Just Something To Toy Around With ) ~ RHF
{ I have been waiting to use that line for a while. }
.

I that the first thought that springs to mind?

Greg

I meant : Is that the first thought that springs to mind?

Greg

Old September 26th 05, 12:21 AM
RHF

Greg - Springs... Springs You Say !
Old September 26th 05, 03:06 AM
Greg

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 25 Sep 2005 16:21:43 -0700

Greg - Springs... Springs You Say !
.
Why Springs spring into my Mind !
and Springs spring out of my Mind !
.
Why some people have said :
That I Am "Sprung" Clean Out-of-my-Mind !
{ You may agree - Big Smile and Head Nodding }
.
you might say - i am sprung on springs ~ RHF
[ I Am A High Sprung Person - In or Out of Person ]
.
.

I guess you sprung that one on me by surprise. I'm gonna slink outa here.

Greg

Old September 26th 05, 08:43 AM
RHF

Greg - I Have Never One to Be Shy or to Hold Back
I have been called a Walking-and-Talking
.. . . Yo-Yo my whole life ~ RHF
Old September 26th 05, 06:34 PM
RHF

Greg - There You Go Again - The "Slinky" Sloper Antenna !
Old September 26th 05, 10:14 PM
Greg

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 26 Sep 2005 10:34:08 -0700
Subject: The "Slinky" Sloper Antenna ! - Will the Angle of the Dangle . . .
cause a Commotion in the Trans-Ocean DX ?

Greg - There You Go Again - The "Slinky" Sloper Antenna !
.
Will the Angle of the Dangle . . .
cause a Commotion in the Trans-Ocean DX ?
.
Basics - The standard Full Size Slinky has about 100 Turns
with a Diameter of 2 3/4 Inches and a Circumference of
8.64 Inches for a Total Wire Length of 72 Feet.
.
How Long Does It Get ? - I Calculate that the Optimum*
"Stretched-Out" Length of a Slinky would be about 22.9 Feet.
.
* Note - Based on the "Spacing" of the Coil being 'equal'
to the Diameter of the Coil.
.
THE "SLINKY" SLOPER ANTENNA :
A simple single (1) "Slinky" Sloper set at a 45* Angle
would have about a 16 Foot Ground Foot-Print with a
Height of about 17 Feet (16+1) with a Ground Level
Feed-Point starting at a Ground Rod with the Top about
One Foot (1') above ground level.
.
? ? ? What About Super Sizing It ! ! !
The Super Size "Slinky" Sloper Antenna would be made of
Three (3) Slinkys set at a 45* Angle would have about a
48 Foot Ground Foot-Print with a Height of about 50 Feet
(48+1) with a Ground Level Feed-Point starting at a Ground
Rod with the Top about One Foot (1') above ground level.
.
TIPS :
- Use a 9:1 Matching Transformer (UnUn) between the
Coax Cable Feed-in-Line with your Sloper Antenna for
better Shortwave Listening use.
- Feed the Slinky Sloper from the Far-End with a remotely
located Ground Rod and the Coax Cable directly underneath
the Slinky on the ground or buried under the ground.
.
FWIW - One advantage of the Sloper Antenna Design is that
it only requires One "Elevated" Mounting Point to Rig the
Antenna Element along with a ground level mounting point.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP = http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.

As always, thanks for the excellent info.

Geg