RadioBanter

-   -   5.696 USB (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/79654-5-696-usb.html)

Jim Hackett October 3rd 05 03:49 AM

5.696 USB

Something going on with the Air Force S.A.R.
Doesn't "sound" like a drill...
2:48 UTC

David October 3rd 05 02:15 PM

5.696 USB

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:49:14 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Something going on with the Air Force S.A.R.
Doesn't "sound" like a drill...
2:48 UTC

That's a Coast Guard channel. Probably not a drill.

GARY October 4th 05 04:47 AM

5.696 USB

5.696 usb is the U.S.C.G

Jim Hackett October 4th 05 08:08 PM

5.696 USB

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

"GARY" wrote in message

5.696 usb is the U.S.C.G

dxAce October 4th 05 08:28 PM

5.696 USB

Jim Hackett wrote:

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

Well, they may indeed have ID'd themselves as Air Force Rescue but that does
nothing to change the fact that 5696 is a CG channel here in the States.

5696 is also used as a military distress frequency in Australia and New Zealand.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Bob October 5th 05 02:45 AM

5.696 USB

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:08:36 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

depends on who's doing the rescue. air force and CG rescues are not
mutually exclusive.

to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field