Old October 3rd 05, 03:49 AM
Jim Hackett

Default 5.696 USB

Something going on with the Air Force S.A.R.
Doesn't "sound" like a drill...
2:48 UTC

Old October 3rd 05, 02:15 PM
David

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:49:14 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Something going on with the Air Force S.A.R.
Doesn't "sound" like a drill...
2:48 UTC

That's a Coast Guard channel. Probably not a drill.

Old October 4th 05, 04:47 AM
GARY

5.696 usb is the U.S.C.G

Old October 4th 05, 08:08 PM
Jim Hackett

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

"GARY" wrote in message

5.696 usb is the U.S.C.G

Old October 4th 05, 08:28 PM
dxAce

Jim Hackett wrote:

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

Well, they may indeed have ID'd themselves as Air Force Rescue but that does
nothing to change the fact that 5696 is a CG channel here in the States.

5696 is also used as a military distress frequency in Australia and New Zealand.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 5th 05, 02:45 AM
Bob

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:08:36 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Ahh, I see. That must be why they identified themselves as
AIR FORCE RESCUE...

depends on who's doing the rescue. air force and CG rescues are not
mutually exclusive.

to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field