Old October 4th 05, 11:08 PM
Jim Douglas

Default Frequency Guide

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...s/swfguide.htm

Anyone ever purchase this? Any good? Thanks?

Old October 5th 05, 12:09 AM

Jim, thanks for the link..
New to me..

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/books/0169.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/books/1005.html

Old October 5th 05, 04:42 AM

Yep, I've got a copy earlier in the year to see how it compared to
other annual frequency guide publications. Overall, it's a nice guide.
Perhaps a tad expensive. A plus is that it serves as a handy resource
for both broadcast stations and utility stations. For my listening
habits, though, I've tended not to use it much. I tend to do much more
in way of broadcast listening and not much utility station monitoring.
Consequently, I find that, for a quick hard copy frequency guide, I'm
better off using the latest ILG database and formatting it into an
Excel file (including only the info that I'm interested in having for
reference & laying it out horizontally) and printing it up. The
summer 05 ILG database printed up to only 238 pages in the Excel file I
imported select info into; so it's manageable to do this. For info on
broadcast stations, this is the best solution for having the most up to
date info on hand, I've found. As regards Klingenfuss as compared to
other annually publicated guides, I prefer the blue pages format of
PWBR over the Klingenfuss frequency guide. The schedule listing by
country certainly beats PWBR (which is quite lacking in this regard).
Most importantly, in way of content, Klingenfuss is a worthy guide,
although, admittedly, some of the internet schedule databases like ILG
and EiBi have the advantage of more regular updates.

If you're really into UTE monitoring, Klingenfuss's dedicated utility
radio station guide might be what you're looking for, since the UTE
content in the shortwave frequency guide is only a portion of what is
contained in the wider UTE guide.

Old October 5th 05, 04:53 AM
RHF

JD,