Old October 5th 05, 04:09 PM
Caveat Lector

Default Another Question Of The Day

Are there any USA transmitting stations that have other than K or W as the
first letter of the callsign ??

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old October 5th 05, 05:53 PM
bpnjensen

Are there any USA transmitting stations that have other than K or W as the
first letter of the callsign ??

Alot of novice amateurs use "N" - is that what you're getting at?

Bruce Jensen

Old October 5th 05, 05:59 PM

Let me put on my clothes and get on over to the Goodwill store and flirt
with them wimmins over there.Who knows? I might find me a super duper
Radio ober dar or a tv set to put my little half a square inch keychain
magnet on and mess up the tv pikchure.
cuhulin

Old October 5th 05, 06:20 PM
Caveat Lector

Bruce

Novice stations had the SECOND letter as N
e.g., "KN#xxx"

But N6KI is acurrent extra class ham call

The USA is allotted AAA-ALZ
KAA-KZZ
NAA-NZZ
WAA-WZZ

Source -- URL:
http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/itucalls.html

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

ups.com...

Old October 5th 05, 06:42 PM
clifto

Caveat Lector wrote:
Are there any USA transmitting stations that have other than K or W as the
first letter of the callsign ??

Yes, but no broadcast stations to my knowledge. Other beginning letters
are A and N.

Old October 5th 05, 06:56 PM
Caveat Lector

Partially True but the USA only has AAA thru ALZ

AMA-AOZ is allotted to Spain
APA-ASZ is allotted to Pakistan
etc

See Source

Old October 5th 05, 06:58 PM
Frank Dresser

"clifto" wrote in message

Yes, but no broadcast stations to my knowledge. Other beginning letters
are A and N.

Somebody was supposed to have tried to get a SW broadcast station called
NDXE on the air about 20 years ago.

Frank Dresser