RadioBanter

-   -   Numbers on 6930 usb (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/80027-numbers-6930-usb.html)

[email protected] October 17th 05 12:50 AM

Numbers on 6930 usb

Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

SR October 17th 05 01:37 AM

Numbers on 6930 usb

Funny because 1 or 2 hours ago, I had the 10.000 beacon on and I heard a
female voice as part of the transmission.

SR

Jim Hackett October 17th 05 04:08 AM

Numbers on 6930 usb

10.000 Beacon?
You mean WWV?
If you heard a female voice, it was WWVH from Hawaii...........

Brian Hill October 17th 05 04:33 AM

Numbers on 6930 usb

wrote in message
oups.com...
Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

Yea shes always there. It's out of Israel E 10 MOSSAD.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

Brian Hill October 17th 05 04:38 AM

Numbers on 6930 usb

wrote in message
oups.com...
Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

If you tune up to 6933 you can sometimes here a numbers station in CW. I
think it's M8A and it suposably originates in Cuba. That E10 MOSSAD used to
operate around 6985 or something too. Cant remember exactly but it was
around there somewhere?

Mark Zenier October 30th 05 06:42 PM

Numbers on 6930 usb

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:

In article .net,
Jim Hackett wrote:

SR" wrote in message

Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

Funny because 1 or 2 hours ago, I had the 10.000 beacon on and I heard a
female voice as part of the transmission.

10.000 Beacon?
You mean WWV?
If you heard a female voice, it was WWVH from Hawaii...........

Or JJY from Japan.

As far as I know JJY has been gone from shortwave since March 2001. I believe
they only operate on 40 and 60 kHz now.

While setting my clocks back to standard time, I heard a JJY id at
18:30 Sunday on 10000 kHz.

I think they might have dropped 8000 kHz.

Mark Zenier

dxAce October 31st 05 05:23 PM

Numbers on 6930 usb

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:

In article .net,
Jim Hackett wrote:

SR" wrote in message

Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

Funny because 1 or 2 hours ago, I had the 10.000 beacon on and I heard a
female voice as part of the transmission.

10.000 Beacon?
You mean WWV?
If you heard a female voice, it was WWVH from Hawaii...........

Or JJY from Japan.

As far as I know JJY has been gone from shortwave since March 2001. I believe
they only operate on 40 and 60 kHz now.

While setting my clocks back to standard time, I heard a JJY id at
18:30 Sunday on 10000 kHz.

I'd say that you were mistaken.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Mark Zenier October 31st 05 10:31 PM

Numbers on 6930 usb

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:

In article .net,
Jim Hackett wrote:

SR" wrote in message

Female voice reading numbers in English at the time of this posting.

Funny because 1 or 2 hours ago, I had the 10.000 beacon on and I heard a
female voice as part of the transmission.

10.000 Beacon?
You mean WWV?
If you heard a female voice, it was WWVH from Hawaii...........

Or JJY from Japan.

As far as I know JJY has been gone from shortwave since March 2001. I believe
they only operate on 40 and 60 kHz now.

While setting my clocks back to standard time, I heard a JJY id at
18:30 Sunday on 10000 kHz.

I'd say that you were mistaken.

Ok, Bucky, whatever. Got a good tape at 20:29 today.
BPM, the Chinese time station. Three letter call sign, female
announcer with a heavy asian accent. Close enough.

Mark Zenier