Old October 29th 05, 05:36 PM
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Default FSK signal at 302 kHz

In San Diego, CA I am receiving an FSK signal
centered on 302 kHz.
The shift is only about 100 Hz and the Baud
rate is also about 100.
Anybody know what this is?

--
rb

Old October 29th 05, 11:35 PM

Out of curiousity, how does this compare with the FSK at 136Khz? I've
picked this signal up in California and Nevada.

I'm assuming you know what the GPS differential beacons sound like.

Old October 30th 05, 12:54 AM
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

wrote in message
ups.com...
Out of curiousity, how does this compare with the FSK at 136Khz? I've
picked this signal up in California and Nevada.

I don't hear anything at or around 136 kHz.

I'm assuming you know what the GPS differential beacons sound like.

I guess I do now. Thanks. Based on your comment I did some
web searching and found
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/ADO/DisplayDgpsSite.asp
Site Name POINT LOMA, CA
Status Operational
RBn Antenna Location 32-39.9N, 117-14.6W
REFSTA Antenna Location (A) 32-39.92483N, 117-14.58074W
REFSTA Antenna Location (B) 32-39.93658N, 117-14.58965W
REFSTA RTCM SC-104 ID (A) 262
REFSTA RTCM SC-104 ID (B) 263
REFSTA Firmware Version RD00-1C19
Broadcast Site ID 881
Transmit Frequency (KHz) 302
Transmit Rate (bps) 100
Signal Strength 75uV/m at 180 NM

--
rb

Old October 30th 05, 01:10 AM
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is how the beacon sounds.
http://www.lazygranch.com/sound/beac...313lsbfil3.wav

You can use the demo version of skysweeper to decode the beacon and get
it's ID.

Interesting. That sounds like it has the FSK signal plus
something else. I'm guessing the something else is an RDF signal.
The one I receive has only the FSK.
Thanks for the links.

--
rb

Old October 30th 05, 01:15 AM

Give the skysweeper software a try. You need to record at 11025hz
sampling for the demo mode of the software. No live demod. Looking at
my link, I recorded the beacon in lsb. I recall I had to offset the
frequency by 1Khz, then it worked just fine in skysweeper. I don't know
which direction I did the offset.
http://www.skysweep.com/skysweep.html

I'm a bummed you can't get the 136Khz signal. It comes in like
gangbusters in the SF bay area and in central Nevada. No skip needed,
i.e. you can hear it in the daytime. I haven't seen any posts on it. I
don't normally monitor that low, but I can tell you it must have just
shown up in the last 6 months.

Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:
ups.com...