Old November 2nd 05, 04:31 PM
RHF

Default The MAGIC of the Hundred Foot (100') Long {Random} Wire Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL).

For One and All,

The MAGIC of the Hundred Foot (100') Long {Random} Wire Antenna
for the Shortwave Listener (SWL).

Assuming that the Wire Antenna Element is 100 Foot Long and
strung-out Horizontal [Flat].
Reference = http://www.radiomods.co.nz/radiomath.html

* One Wave Length (1 WL) = 936 / 100 = 9.4 MHz
With 1 WL Harmonics at : 18.7 MHz and 28.1 MHz
Useable on the 31 Meter and 15 Meter Shortwave Bands

* Half Wave Length (1/2 WL) = 468 / 100 = 4.7 MHz
With 1/2 WL Harmonics at : 9.4 MHz, 18.7 MHz and 28.1 MHz
Useable on the 60 Meter, 31 Meter and 15 Meter Shortwave Bands

* Quarter Wave Length (1/4 WL) = 234 / 100 = 2.3 MHz
With 1/4 WL Harmonics at : 7.0 MHz, 11.7 MHz, 16.4 MHz,
21.1 MHz, and 25.7 MHz.
Useable on the 120 Meter, 41 Meter, 25 Meter, 13 Meter
and 11 Meter Shortwave Bands

OBTW ? ? ?

Which is the Right Number in the Formula for Calculating
the Wave Length in Feet and Frequency of an Antenna ? ? ?
http://www.radiomods.co.nz/radiomath.html

How do I find the Wavelength of a Frequency ?
= In feet: 984 divided by Frequency in MHz.

How do I calculate the length of wire I need
to build a wire antenna ?
= Full wave: 984 divided by Frequency in MHz
equals the length in Feet.

You must use the following Math to correctly cut an Antenna !
= Full Wave = 936 divided by Frequency.

So where in my mind did I get the :1005" for Calculating the
the Full Wave Length of an Antenna and its Frequecy ? ? ?

End-Fed Half-Wave Antennas - by Joe Everhart, N2CX
http://www.njqrp.org/n2cxantennas/halfer/

iane ~ RHF
.
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
.. .
Old November 3rd 05, 01:21 AM

Default The MAGIC of the Hundred Foot (100') Long {Random} WireAntenna...

I don't know,I might put up a 70 foot sloper antenna in my back yard
some day.I have plenty of old junk yard wire hanging on a nail behind my
old shed in my back yard.
cuhulin