Old November 7th 05, 01:08 AM
RC

Default Best Antenna for the Ten-Tec RX 320D Radio

I am considering purchasing a Ten-Tec RX 320D. I am seeking any advice
pro and con from experienced users. I am especially interested in
learning about effective setups for antennas, tuners, preselectors,
software, etc. that work well with the RX 320D.

Old November 7th 05, 03:10 AM
Brian Denley

RC wrote:
I am considering purchasing a Ten-Tec RX 320D. I am seeking any
advice pro and con from experienced users. I am especially
interested in learning about effective setups for antennas, tuners,
preselectors, software, etc. that work well with the RX 320D.

Anything but the whip! Seriously, an external antenna will let you see how
good that radio really is. I have a random wire with a grounded coax
feedline and I get great reception wit the 320..

--
Brian Denley

Old November 7th 05, 04:51 AM
m II

Brian Denley wrote:

Anything but the whip! Seriously, an external antenna will let you see how
good that radio really is. I have a random wire with a grounded coax
feedline and I get great reception wit the 320..

A wire is all I've ever needed too. It's a wonderful radio.I've the got
the plain 320. The triple conversion is very nice to have.

mike
Old November 7th 05, 06:31 AM

If I buy a Ten-Tec radio,,, I will ask somebody who owns and uses a
Ten-Tec radio or ask the folks at Ten-Tec what kind of antenna I need.I
certainly will not take any advice from any Canadians!
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 06:42 AM

Which new Ten-Tec radios and price ranges Ten-Tec radios are not
computer compatible/computer controlled Ten-Tec radios? I do not want to
use my computer to control a Shortwave Radio.
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 02:59 PM
RHF

RC - I AM Glad You Asked ! ) ~ RHF

ABOUT - Making a SWL Antenna out of 300 Ohm Twin Lead and TV Coax Cable

READ - Hot "KISAP" Antenna for Shortwave (HF) Bands
- by Cliff Donley [K8TND]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RX320/message/2471

Why Not Check-Out the TenTec RX 320 D Group on YAHOO !

MORE ABOUT THE TEN-TEC RX-320 D RECEIVER :

Ten-Tec RX-320 D Computer Controlled HF Receiver WebPage !
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...137/rx320.html
Plus these Links on this Ten-Tec RX-320 D WebPage :
* Ten-Tec RX-320 D [RX320] Group at Yahoo.Com
* Ten-Tec RX-320 D [RX320] Specifications
* Professional and End User Reviews of the Ten-Tec RX-320 D
* Ten-Tec RX-320 D Commercial and 3rd Party Software and Hardware
* Upgrade Projects, Modifications and Tuning Tips for the Ten-Tec
RX-320 D
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...5137/mods.html

Radio Nederlands - Review of the Ten-Tec RX-320 D Receiver
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx320a.html
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx320b.html
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx320c.html
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx320d.html
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx320ehtml
http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/m...ews/receivers/

eHAM Review of the Ten-Tec RX-320 D [TenTec RX320]
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1341

Ten-Tec RX-320 D LF Conversion - by AMRAD
http://amrad.org/pipermail/tacos/1999/000980.html
AMRAD (Amateur Radio Research and Development Corporation)
is a Non-Profit Corporation. [TenTec RX320]

The Ten-Tec RX-320 D "Experience"
http://members.tripod.com/~swlchris/rx320.html

The Ten-Tec RX-320 D [RX320D] Reciver
with Digital Radio Mondiale "DRM" Output Socket
http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/receivers/rx320/rx320.htm

Ten-Tec RX-320 D Specifications
http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/receiver...#specification
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0321spec.html

Independent Reviews of the Ten-Tec RX-320 D
http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/receiver...320.htm#review

Ten-Tec RX-320 D Digital Radio Mondiale "DRM" Features
http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/receiver.../rx320.htm#drm
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...mrxvr/drm.html

Ten-Tec RX-320 D Rear Panel View and Details
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0321rear.html

Ten-Tec RX-320 D {View} Main Screen
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...vr/0320lrg.gif
http://www.r390a.com/html/ten_tec_rx-320.html
- - - other Ten-Tec RX-320 D Screens
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0321scrn.html

Ten-Tec RX-320 D - by Lee Reynolds
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtrx320.html
- - - a Monitoring Times Review

Ten-Tec RX-320 "D" PC Controled Receiver -
GERMANY = www.thiecom.de/rx320.htm
ENGLISH = http://tinyurl.com/9oq86

ABOUT - Digital Radio Mondiale "DRM"
DRM = http://www.drm.org/
DRM = http://www.drmrx.org/

Ten-Tec Incorporated
TENTEC = http://www.tentec.com/
Ten-Tec RX-320 D [TenTec RX320]
http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Receivers/TT320
Ten-Tec RX-320 "D" HF DSP "PC Controled Radio"
http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Receivers

iane ~ RHF
.
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
.. .
Old November 9th 05, 01:44 AM
Al Patrick

Go to http://www.alphadeltacom.com/ and look for the alpha delta sloper.
I could have found the page for you, but you mention several other
things you may find info on at this site.

The Alpha Delta Sloper, as with most antennas, works well with most any
SW radio, not just the 320D.

It's not the "only way to go" but it is a very good antenna.

Old November 9th 05, 01:49 AM
Al Patrick

There is a difference in controlling a radio via computer and having to
have the computer connected in order to use the radio. A number of very
good stand alone radios can be controlled via computer. The 320D, as
some others, is DEPENDENT upon the computer.

========