RadioBanter

-   -   RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/81494-rca-victor-model-8u2-table-radio-w-police-band.html)

OldGold November 7th 05 02:08 AM

RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band

Hope this is of interest

1920s RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio. This is the table version of
a real classic. A beautiful rare unit. Radio dials in AM frequencies
and Policeband...SW? frequencies. An interesting audio item. Radio is
in good condition but could use some restoration work. Beautiful all
WOOD casing..etc

follow link for full description and photos

[email protected] November 7th 05 04:05 AM

RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band

You'd probably have better luck at rec.antiques.radio+phono.

[email protected] November 7th 05 04:59 AM

RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band

How much money do you want for that radio right now? I don't care much
for auctions where the prices keep going up.I don't do ebay
either,although I can if I want to.I get regular auction links from
www.nationalauctionlist.com if fact,I got one today in my email
inbox,I get them several times each week.
cuhulin

[email protected] November 7th 05 08:01 AM

RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band

Thats a 1936-1937 era radio, not 1920's...MK

RHF November 7th 05 12:27 PM

"Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut Ingraham Cabinet - Circa 1946

For One and All,

I recently bought on eBay a "Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio
with a near mint Walnut Ingraham Cabinet
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/ba/9f/e1_0.JPG
15"W x 9"H x 8-1/2"D. Circa 1946
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/bb/18/88_12_sb.JPG

NOTE - This eBay Seller "G.Army" really does
"Great Work" in Restoring Old Tube Radios
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&userid=g.army

It now sets in the Cabin in Twain Harte, CA
and Yes - Looks Beautiful and Sounds Great ! ! !

Why the "Sonora" Radio ? ? ? because Twain Harte, CA
is just a few miles Up-the-Hill from "Sonora" CA.

Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !

Remembering Days Gone By when . . .
Real Radios Glow in the Dark ! :o)
Oh "That Sound" of an Old Tube Radio !

relax and listen to the radio son . . .
yes daddy - memories of my father ~ RHF

The Cozy Cabin with Two Cats overlooking the
Twin Lakes with Three Geese on Sullivan Creek
in the Beautiful Village of Twain Harte, CA nestled
in the Magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains just
North of Yosemite. = http://tinyurl.com/d4h7x

[email protected] November 7th 05 05:26 PM

"Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut ...

I have a Sonora tube type radio around here somewhere.If I remember,it
doesn't work.
cuhulin

[email protected] November 7th 05 07:35 PM

"Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut ...

I don't know how to work on radios.I am good at fixin mechanical things
though.
cuhulin

David November 7th 05 08:38 PM

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:35:29 -0600, wrote:

I don't know how to work on radios.I am good at fixin mechanical things
though.
cuhulin

Electrons flow from - to +.

A capacitor stores charge in an electrostatic field between 2 plates
separated by a dielectric. A capacitor passes AC but blocks DC. An
inductor stores charge in a magnetic field. An inductor passes DC but
blocks AC.

A diode passes DC in one direction only (cathode to anode).

Resonance is when the capacitive reactance and the inductive reactance
are equal.

**** flows downhill.

[email protected] November 7th 05 09:03 PM

"Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut ...

If you work on radios,you better be sure them capacitors are drained
down fist or they will knock the crap out of you.
cuhulin