Old November 7th 05, 02:08 AM
OldGold

Default RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio w/Police Band

Hope this is of interest

1920s RCA Victor model 8U2 A Table Radio. This is the table version of
a real classic. A beautiful rare unit. Radio dials in AM frequencies
and Policeband...SW? frequencies. An interesting audio item. Radio is
in good condition but could use some restoration work. Beautiful all
WOOD casing..etc

follow link for full description and photos

Old November 7th 05, 04:05 AM

You'd probably have better luck at rec.antiques.radio+phono.

Old November 7th 05, 04:59 AM

How much money do you want for that radio right now? I don't care much
for auctions where the prices keep going up.I don't do ebay
either,although I can if I want to.I get regular auction links from
www.nationalauctionlist.com if fact,I got one today in my email
inbox,I get them several times each week.
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 08:01 AM

Thats a 1936-1937 era radio, not 1920's...MK

Old November 7th 05, 12:27 PM
RHF

Default "Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut Ingraham Cabinet - Circa 1946

For One and All,

I recently bought on eBay a "Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio
with a near mint Walnut Ingraham Cabinet
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/ba/9f/e1_0.JPG
15"W x 9"H x 8-1/2"D. Circa 1946
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/bb/18/88_12_sb.JPG

NOTE - This eBay Seller "G.Army" really does
"Great Work" in Restoring Old Tube Radios
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&userid=g.army

It now sets in the Cabin in Twain Harte, CA
and Yes - Looks Beautiful and Sounds Great ! ! !

Why the "Sonora" Radio ? ? ? because Twain Harte, CA
is just a few miles Up-the-Hill from "Sonora" CA.

Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !

Remembering Days Gone By when . . .
Real Radios Glow in the Dark ! )
Oh "That Sound" of an Old Tube Radio !

relax and listen to the radio son . . .
yes daddy - memories of my father ~ RHF

The Cozy Cabin with Two Cats overlooking the
Twin Lakes with Three Geese on Sullivan Creek
in the Beautiful Village of Twain Harte, CA nestled
in the Magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains just
North of Yosemite. = http://tinyurl.com/d4h7x

Old November 7th 05, 05:26 PM

Default "Sonora" Model RCU-208 6-Tube AM Radio with a near mint Walnut ...

I have a Sonora tube type radio around here somewhere.If I remember,it
doesn't work.
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 06:26 PM
David

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:26:21 -0600, wrote:

I have a Sonora tube type radio around here somewhere.If I remember,it
doesn't work.
cuhulin

So fix it.

Old November 7th 05, 07:35 PM

I don't know how to work on radios.I am good at fixin mechanical things
though.
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 09:03 PM

If you work on radios,you better be sure them capacitors are drained
down fist or they will knock the crap out of you.
cuhulin