Old November 12th 05, 05:02 PM
SR

Default MFJ 492 MENU DRIVEN MEMORY KEYER

I have the MFJ 492 MENU DRIVEN MEMORY KEYER (with extra memory added)
and I use it with the Bencher Hex key. I bought it from Universal-Radio.

The problem I have is the on and off button does not stay in the on
position. It has a push button. So I have to open up the cover and use
a tweezzer to guild a little spring to keep it in the on position.

Also, I notice that each time I turn the unit on, I have to spend a lot
of time setting up the speed, sidetone, weight and paddle reverse all
over again.

I am not sure what weight is for?

It seems that the unit does not remember these settings after I turn it
off and on again.

If I wanted to send CW over a radio, can I use this unit?

I hope that I will be happy with this unit.

The Bencher Hex key is nice to use, but it did not come with a plug.
But I had one anyway. The wiring is complicated, but I now have it
right. However, I need to find a way to have the di on the left and the
dah on the right side.

The instruction for the Hex key should of come with a diagram.

SR

Memory Keyer plans? Padraigh Homebrew 10 November 6th 03 02:38 PM
Memory Keyer plans? Padraigh Homebrew 0 October 19th 03 03:02 AM
WTB: MFJ Memory Keyer tim english Swap 0 August 16th 03 11:27 PM
FS: MFJ-493 Memory keyer $60 W9zr Swap 0 July 19th 03 08:20 PM
Logikey K-3 Memory Keyer $90 W9zr Swap 0 July 19th 03 01:33 PM