Old November 13th 05, 04:39 PM
froggy

Default Sangean ATS 909 spare part query

Hi everyone.
I've just broken the aerial of my ATS 909.
Does anyone know were I can order a replacement?
Is it a standard issue aerial that I can buy anywhere or is it special
model just from Sangean?
Thanks for any info.
Old November 13th 05, 05:36 PM

You might find an antenna (aerial) on a junk radio that might work ok.Or
ask www.ccrane.com if they know where you can buy an antenna.Radio
Shack stores used to sell many different sizes and styles of replacement
antennas for radios,but I heard they have stopped handling them.
cuhulin

Old November 14th 05, 03:13 AM
RHF

FROGGY,

Sangean America (USA) Incorporated
SANGEAN = http://www.sangean.com/index.html

* Sangean Radio USA Product Support for Northern America
SANGEAN = http://www.sangean.com/contact.html
(USA, Canada, and Mexico),

Call or Write to Sangean USA :

Sangean America (USA), Inc.
2651 Troy Avenue
South El Monte, CA 91733

TEL : 1 - 626 - 579 - 1600
FAX : 1 - 626 - 579 - 6806

eMail Sangean USA :

General Information -

Sales & Marketing -

Ordering Department -

* Here is the Sangean USA Service and Support webpage.
http://www.sangean.com/contact_service.html
Submit the form below to contact us for service and support of our
products.
Click on contact us for more contacts.

* RadioLabs is a Northern California repair center which specializes
in Sangean Radio Products and shares the same commitment to
quality and their customers.
Contact RadioLabs at (707) 616-5377 or you can email their
repair center at .

* You can also send your radio in for repair to RadioLabs by going to
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/repair.html
To Send your Radio directly in to the RadioLabs Repair Facility.

as always more than you wanted to know ~ RHF
Old November 14th 05, 03:48 AM

What part of the antenna is broken? Perhaps it can easily be repaired
with a little soldering.If not,look around for any kind of similar shape
and size antenna.Maybe an old rabbit ears tv antenna might work.It's a
thought anyway.Visit some thrift stores in your area and see if there
are any old junk radios there that might have an antenna that might work
ok.Ordering a replacement antenna might cost you a bunch of money.I
think I remember somebody in this news group once griped about the price
of a replacement antenna he was looking at on the internet.Do a search
for,Replacement Antennas for Radios.
cuhulin