Old November 17th 05, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default 3000 KHz - 4000 KHz band question

Larry wrote:

Reception seems great on this band in my locale anytime after 8:00PM EST.
Why are there so few stations there. If you don't want to listen to Alex
Jones on 3215 your pretty much out of luck. I seem to remember back in the
1960's, except for some ham activity, that band was dead 24/7 to commercial
broadcast.

Although this listing hasn't been updated for a while it will give you an idea
of what is down there, at least from the Latin American region:

http://www.sover.net/~hackmohr/sw.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old November 18th 05, 06:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Barnard

bpnjensen wrote:

In the not-too-distant-past, I've found that it's a great band for
Asians in the wee hours, too. Try starting around 1.5 hours prior to
sunrise - pretty good stuff from the Far East.

Bruce Jensen

Definitely some PNGs to be had in that frequency range but they are
turning into a vanishing species.

JB

Old November 18th 05, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

John Barnard wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:

In the not-too-distant-past, I've found that it's a great band for
Asians in the wee hours, too. Try starting around 1.5 hours prior to
sunrise - pretty good stuff from the Far East.

Bruce Jensen

Definitely some PNGs to be had in that frequency range but they are
turning into a vanishing species.

Get 'em while you can.

dxAce
Michigan