Old November 18th 05, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

Default Chinese spy ring may give Communist military “a strategic advantage”

Chinese spy ring may give Communist military “a strategic advantage”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...1007-5307r.htm

Canadian military secrets could also be compromised

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/news/article/863.html

"They are buying and developing capability whose only use is against the US
military"

In particular, the Pentagon is concerned about how much China spends, and
what it is buying. China's exact military spending is shrouded. US experts
say it spends $50 to $90 billion annually. Yet Defense Minister Gangchuan
insisted to Rumsfeld that the figure is about $27 billion. Days later, the
London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies noted that
China's purchase of Russian equipment alone nearly matched the Chinese
official estimate; the IISS says China is at $62.5 billion.

"The PLA is getting in a position to considerably constrain our freedom of
maneuver"

As one rather "liberal intellectual" told the Monitor, "In our hearts, most
of us want China to be great - we feel deeply a desire to help run Asia AND
THE WORLD."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1117/p01s03-woap.html

Old November 19th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

SeeingEyeDog,

Kindly put an '(OT) :' at the Start of the Subject Line
when you Originate an "Off-Topic" Message here.

I got a better idea. Forget about the "OT" in the subject line the keep
the off topic stuff to a minimum instead. You are just encouraging
Trolling by legitimizing bad behavior.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 20th 05, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 18 Nov 2005 23:13:21 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

SeeingEyeDog,

Kindly put an '(OT) :' at the Start of the Subject Line
when you Originate an "Off-Topic" Message here.

~ RHF

Please quit being a ****ing net nanny.
Old November 20th 05, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

SeeingEyeDog wrote:
[...]

That story about the Chinese is no more news now than the same story
told about the Russians 50 years ago. Ho hum...........