Old November 19th 05, 10:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Multi-Band Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas : Windom - Dipole - Random Wire

For One and All,

Multi-Band Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas : Windom - Dipole - Random
Wire
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/6595

* Multi-Element Windom Wire
- - - Four Fanned 1/4 WL Wire Antenna Elements

* Multi-Element Random Wire
- - - Three Fanned Wire Antenna Elements : 100% + 62% + 38%

* Multi-Element Dipole Wire
- - - Two Fanned 1/2 WL Dipole Wire Antenna Elements

MY CHOICE - Eight Bands On One Coax - The Windom Antenna
Four (4) Wire Antenna Element Off-Center-Fed Windom Antenna.
READ = http://kh2d.net/windom.cfm
IMAGE = http://kh2d.net/images/windom.jpg
- by Jim Kehler [KH2D] http://kh2d.net/

MODIFIED -For the Shortwave (SW) Meter Bands :
49M + 41M + 31M + 25M + 22M + 19M
[ 63 Feet Long : Tip-to-Tip ]

TOP - Horizontal {Flat} Windom Antenna (Two Wire Elements)
49 Meters - 31 Meters - Tip-to-Tip
38.7 Feet - 24.2 Feet - 62.9 Feet = 41 Meter
62% - - - - 38% - - - - 100%

BOTTOM - Inverted "V" {Angled Windom Antenna (Two Wire Elements)
25 Meters - 19 Meters - Tip-to-Tip - Tips Angled 30* Down
19.7 Feet - 15.1 Feet - 34.8 Feet = 22 Meter
57% - - - - 43% - - - - 100%

RIGGING - Center Mounting Height of 24.2 to 34.8 Feet
Also - This Windom Antenna can be Rigged from the Tips of
the Top Two Elements; with the Center Lower without a
Center-Support-Point. Having a Center "Drop" of about
10 to 15 Degrees; with the Bottom Windom Element Tips
"Dropped" about 10 to 15 Degrees. - TIP - Use a Heavier
Wire (12-14 AWG) for the Top Windom Antenna Elements.

MORE - Multi-Band Shortwave Antenna Ideas :

* Build a Multi-Band Shortwave Antenna
The Search For - - - the "Perfect Antenna" - by N4UJW
READ = http://www.hamuniverse.com/shortwaveantenna.html
RANDOM WIRE = http://www.hamuniverse.com/multiendfed.gif
DIPOLE = http://www.hamuniverse.com/centfedmultidip.gif

* Multi-Band Dipole BackPacking Antenna
http://home.earthlink.net/~wa0vsl/BPdipole.html

* W5GI "Mystery Antenna"
http://www.w5gi.com/mysteryantenna.htm
- Inspired by an article written by James E. Taylor [W2OZH]
FAQs = http://www.w5gi.com/faq.htm
A Multi-Band Wire Antenna that performs exceptionally well
even though it confounds Antenna Modeling Software.

* The TF3MA 20 Meter to 10 Meter Band Dipole Antenna
http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~matti/TF3MA/LPDA.php

* Multi-Band Horizontal "Fan" Dipole Antenna
http://www.hamuniverse.com/multidipole.html
- - - "Fan" Dipole Image
http://www.hamuniverse.com/dipolemulti.gif

* Multi-Band Dipole Antennas Compared
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/9611073.pdf
- Prepared by the ARRL Laboratory Staff

* Fan Dipole designed for 4 Bands
http://www.ku4ay.net/dipole.html

* The "Satern" Series Fan Dipole - by RadioWavz
http://www.radiowavz.com/html/saturn.htm

FACT-BITES - TOPICS :
* "Radio Antenna"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/Radio-antenna
* "Antenna Theory"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/Antenna-theory
* "Isotropic Antenna"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/Isotropic-antenna
* "Directional Antenna"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/Directional-antenna
* "Dipole Antenna"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/dipole-antenna
* "Dipole"
http://www.factbites.com/topics/Dipole

i be multi-tasking ) - iane ~ RHF
.
.
.. .
= = = In ,
= = = "swler73s" swler73s@y... wrote:

Years ago I made a multiband SW antenna.

I believe it consisted of 6 300 ohm wires in a dipole.

I got fantastic reception with the antenna.

Unfortunately, both the antenna and plans are long gone.

Anyone have construction details on a multiband dipole for SW?

One covering all the SW bands? I believe Monitoring Times
had plans for a SW multiband antenna a few years ago.

Just my luck...
this was before I began subscribing to the magazine.

Thanks and 73.
.
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
.. .