Old November 23rd 05, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

Default Drake R8B VFO adjustment

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"dxace1" wrote:

I adjusted my R8 years ago and never have had to touch
it since. It is spot on on every WWV point up and down
the band...

Yeah, mine has been off 20-30 Hz since I got it a few years ago. Now
that I adjusted it I don't expect it to drift.

Telamon:
How did the adjustment go? What frequency did you center on ? (it's not
exactly off by the same amount at 3 MHz as it is at 5 MHz)

--
Brian Denley

Old November 23rd 05, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
"Brian Denley" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"dxace1" wrote:

I adjusted my R8 years ago and never have had to touch
it since. It is spot on on every WWV point up and down
the band...

Yeah, mine has been off 20-30 Hz since I got it a few years ago. Now
that I adjusted it I don't expect it to drift.

Telamon:
How did the adjustment go? What frequency did you center on ? (it's not
exactly off by the same amount at 3 MHz as it is at 5 MHz)

It went OK. Zero beat on 5, 10 and 15 MHz. Before adjustment it must
have been right on the edge between 20 and 30 Hz off.

I also tweaked the RX-340, which was about 5 Hz low when warmed up. It
drifts around a bit when you first turn it on. Now it's 1 or 2 Hz low
when cold and about 1 Hz high when hot. The Drake stays a little warm
even when turned off so it does not drift at all that I can hear.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California