Old November 24th 05, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg

Default LF Engineering H-800 SkyMatch -and- Dressler ARA-60 :LF/MW/HF Active Antennas

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 24 Nov 2005 00:44:29 -0800
Subject: LF Engineering H-800 SkyMatch -and- Dressler ARA-60 : LF/MW/HF Active
Antennas

For One and All,

Has anyone done a side-by-side between the LF Engineering H-800
SkyMatch -and- Dressler ARA-60 : LF/MW/HF Active Antennas ?

RHF - I can echo what Steve said. I have the H-800 and it works good for
me. The only other antenna I've had was a 50' random wire around the eaves
of the roof. The H-800 is equal to or better than that wire. It especially
shines on the MW BCB. No overload problems on my JRC NRD-525.

My listening interest is approx 1/3 broadcast, 1/3 utes, and 1/3 hams. The
H-800 is a good choice for a quality, easily set-up gen. purpose antenna.

Mine is in the attic, a very simple set up. I got the one with the BNC
connection on the probe, thinking I may want to take it down and use it for
a travel antenna when needed. The only "mod" I have done was to put
right-angle BNC adapters on the control box for the in and out cables.

For me the H-800 is a good solution at a good price.

Best,

Greg

Old November 24th 05, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Steve and Greg,

Thank You both for your Replies and Insights on the
LF Engineering H-800 Active Antenna. ~ RHF

Anyone with some Dressler ARA 60 Active Antenna Experience ?
with some observations and comments ? ? ? i want to know ~ RHF