RadioBanter

-   -   degen de1103 vs sony icf-sw7600gr (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/83015-degen-de1103-vs-sony-icf-sw7600gr.html)

Mark Zenier November 30th 05 05:48 PM

degen de1103 vs sony icf-sw7600gr

In article .com,
wavetrapper wrote:
That has not been my experience with the Sony 2010 anyway. It very
much can make the difference between intelligibility or not.

How wide are the filters in a 2010? Maybe they used the synch detector
(ie. image reject mixer) as a way to cheap out on the bandpass filter.

Mark Zenier

junius November 30th 05 05:51 PM

degen de1103 vs sony icf-sw7600gr

David wrote:
I had a 7600 and the selectable sidebands were very asymmetric. Very
annoying.

I've read of folks havin' this experience. Thankfully, I've not
experienced this with any of my Sonys ('SW77, '2010, 'SW7600G, 'SW07).
Before getting the 'SW7600G, the 'SW7600 was my primary travel radio.
I have found the sync detector feature in the 'SW7600G to more than
justify the upgrade. It certainly improves the radios selectivity in
AM mode. When I spent a number of months abroad a last year, I opted
to take the '606AP instead: that was a mistake. '606 is a decent
little radio, but you don't want to have it as your sole choice over
any sizeable duration.

David November 30th 05 07:18 PM

On 30 Nov 2005 09:51:31 -0800, "junius" wrote:

David wrote:
I had a 7600 and the selectable sidebands were very asymmetric. Very
annoying.

I've read of folks havin' this experience. Thankfully, I've not
experienced this with any of my Sonys ('SW77, '2010, 'SW7600G, 'SW07).
Before getting the 'SW7600G, the 'SW7600 was my primary travel radio.
I have found the sync detector feature in the 'SW7600G to more than
justify the upgrade. It certainly improves the radios selectivity in
AM mode. When I spent a number of months abroad a last year, I opted
to take the '606AP instead: that was a mistake. '606 is a decent
little radio, but you don't want to have it as your sole choice over
any sizeable duration.

I drag a portable XM along with my 606A. I'm really anxious to get
the double conversion Kaito shirt pocket radio.

David December 1st 05 01:39 AM

degen de1103 vs sony icf-sw7600gr

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:49:26 -0600, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

"David" spittled

I drag a portable XM along with my 606A

Yeah, my XM radio works great in Calcutta & Tokyo.

There you'd need Worldspace.