Old November 30th 05, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark S. Holden

Default Gene Scott's Rolls Royce on ebay

For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It's apparent one of the things he didn't do with money from folks who
got on the telephones is take care of his car.

Not sure if the radio is a shortwave one, but it's obviously a more
modern replacement.
Old November 30th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I know a married Irish woman wayyyyyy over yonder across the big
pond.She lives about seven or eight miles from the Goodwood Rolls Royce
factory.Rolls Royce used to have a factory back in the 1940's in
Massachusetts.They were building them better than the Rolls Royce
factory in England and the Rolls Royce factory in England didn't like
that.Their "official story" in England was that the market in
U.S.A.wasen't big enough.In 1956,you could buy a brand new Rolls Royce
for $12,500.
cuhulin

Old November 30th 05, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

MSH,

First - The "BAT" Mobile !

Then - The "POPE" Mobile !

Now - The "DOC" Mobile )

only one rolls royce - i thought he owned a fleet ! ~ RHF
Old November 30th 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
sweston

Doc is well known as being a perfectionist, but he let this Rolls go to
hell. No doubt it didn't mean as much to him as his horses or stamp
collection. It's pretty hard to crack Rolls leather seats, but he managed to
do it. I bet it was used as an errand car by the church or something...

Old November 30th 05, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark S. Holden

sweston wrote:
Doc is well known as being a perfectionist, but he let this Rolls go to
hell. No doubt it didn't mean as much to him as his horses or stamp
collection. It's pretty hard to crack Rolls leather seats, but he managed to
do it. I bet it was used as an errand car by the church or something...

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message

It's apparent one of the things he didn't do with money from folks who got
on the telephones is take care of his car.

While Connolly leather is top quality stuff, you still have to take care
of it. They sell their own brand of hide food.

Old December 1st 05, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK

In article , says...
For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It's apparent one of the things he didn't do with money from folks who
got on the telephones is take care of his car.

Not sure if the radio is a shortwave one, but it's obviously a more
modern replacement.

LOL, one of the ugliest engine compartments I've seen in a long time.

I wonder if his Jack Russells rode in the back seat of the Rolls. Hyper
little *******s...

It doesn't smoke? The ones from the mid 70's sure did. Brand new, most
of the time. I was soooo happy to flunk all the Rollses, Benzes, and
Beemers when they came in for emissions testing, just to see the look on
the owner's faces. The Beemers and Benzes just put out too much CO, but
the Rolls motors were total crap. They failed often, tossing rods and
spinning bearings. They made jet engines too.....scary!

One guy had just bought a Rolls in Beverly hills and it had about 1200
miles on it when he took it home to Vegas and had to register it in
Nevada as a used car. It smoked like hell and he went ballistic when I
told him he needed to take it to the local Rolls place.

The Rolls place passed it, and got nailed by DMV for it. That thing had
the piston rings of a 150,000 mile Ford Pinto..

BDK
Old December 1st 05, 07:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ever since Jaguar merged with Ford,the build quality of Jaguar cars went
wayyyyyy up.There is another brand name of brit cars that is very good
on build quality (it isn't Rolls Royce or Bentley or Aston Martin) but I
can't think of the brand name just now.Some of y'all limeys out
there,display a list of brit cars to help me jog my memoryrectomy
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BDK,you worked on Rolls Royce (and Bently) cars? Tell the World just how
lousey them cars is.Hey,it's old news to me.
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My old American made wrecks dont smoke at all and they all have hundreds
of thousands of miles on each and every one of them.Give me American
Iron every time!
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

[snip]

Doc Scott's widow needs the money. Last night I heard her begging for cash
because donations are way down. She says she can't run the Doc's ministry
as he did on only half the donations. Actually, I'm surprised the ministry
is getting even half without the Doc. The widow is far less compelling.
And I'm sure the true believers can invest their evangelical dollars in far
more efficent media than Doc Scott reruns.

In an odd coincidence, last night was the last SW night for the Hour of the
Time. The unmemorable guy who took over the show from the late Bill Cooper
said, again, freeloaders and lack of donations were the problems.

So, I guess that shows there's no future in the SW Voice from the Grave
business. But that's to be expected. After all, that would be like hearing
old, stale false predictions from the late Herbert W. Armstrong when we
could be listening to brand new false predictions from Prophet Stair.

Frank Dresser