Old December 1st 05, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tony Calguire

Default NIMH batterys

When I got the digital camera,
I had to get the NIMH batterys and the charger.
then I said;
Why buy alkalines any more ?
and I switched my radios to NIMH batts too.

Now here's food for thought;
A pair of alkalines measure 3.1 v
A pair of NIMHs measure 2.4 v 2.6 v

Would the lower voltage affect the performance
of any of these "3 volt radios" ?

I've never had a problem using NiMHs. I think most solid-state
electronics can operate in a range of tolerable voltages; the only place
there'd be an issue is in something with an electric motor.

My experience with alkalines and the digital camera was that the camera
would announce "Low Battery" after about a half-hour's use, but the
batteries would still light up green on the battery tester. I think
most non-technical people would just take the batteries out of the
camera and throw them away without even considering if they had some
juice left in them. What a waste.

NiMHs last a lot longer in the camera, and they only take an hour to
charge. They're so much better than the old NiCads, too.
Old December 1st 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
William Mutch

In article , lid
says...
[...]

In general I agree that NiMH's are great, but I've observed in
some classes of service that they have high quiescant leakage...don't
store charge well with no load. This is real annoying in camera service
because a fully charged set of batteries will discrage themselves enough
in two weeks that I have made a practice of fully charging both battery
pack the day before I want to use my camera. They tell me LiPo's don't
have this problem.
Old July 26th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tony Calguire wrote:
[...]

I used these batteries in my radio excellent ones last for ages.
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/S4056

cheap too and the performance its quite good.
Old July 26th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/488...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

NIMH batterys David Shortwave 1 December 1st 05 02:23 AM
FS: RNN4006AR XTS NiMH battery [email protected] Swap 0 February 21st 05 07:15 PM
15 Minute Rechargeable NIMH AA's 2000 Ah (Ray-O-Vac) Grumpus Shortwave 3 September 2nd 04 04:42 PM
NiMH "AA" cell Comparison HERE Carballa Equipment 0 November 10th 03 07:21 AM
Charge NiMH inside VR-120D - here's how Bruce Markowitz Scanner 1 August 1st 03 11:34 PM