Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 2nd 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Ever heard your letter read on air?

So... has anyone here ever heard read on air a letter that he/she sent
in to a shortwave broadcaster? You know, on one of those Mail Call
type programs... It has never happened for me, although once upon a
time (about a decade and a half back) I used to send in reception
reports occasionally.

If you've not ever heard your own letter read on air, have you ever
heard read the letter of someone whom you know? For instance, were you
ever listening to, say, Radio Canada Int'l when they suddenly
announced, "and our good friend ____ ____ in the U.S. writes, 'Hello my
Canadian friends, I listen to your programming quite regularly for its
refreshing content and....' " (fill in the blank, of course, with the
name of the someone you know).

Ever happened? Not for me, but maybe I just don't listen to these
letter programs regularly enough.

junius