Old December 6th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RRS - The Topic is Shortwave and the Goal is to Talk About (Write About) Shortwave related things . . .

Michael Lawson wrote:

I presume you're talking about the R2000 with the InRad
and the Sync you made working in AM? Or are you
working in ECSS?

Yes it is the R2000 I got from Frank Cathell.
I can do ECSS but so far synch has worked fine.
I have the circuit boards for ISB which should allow some
neat tricks but it will be next summer before I dive into that
project. With ISB it is possible to reject "everything"
but the signal yuou are after.

I was going to ask if you're planning on playing with
small loops so that you could lower the manmade noise
floor, but I suspect based on what you wrote farther
down that that is next summer's project.

You are one lucky guy, you know that?

Yea, I kind of figured that out. Most guys have to fight to get a
SW into the house, me I have to fight to keep my wife from
taking it from me. Somehow I feel so put upon.

You don't have to fiddle with it at all to make it work
well? I thought that was the knock against using
something like a Sherwood: you had to fiddle with
it a bit, and if you wanted seemless operation that
was a pain in the neck.

Once I got the levels correct form the buffer stage it worked
great.

I am using a cross between Pete's and this version:
http://home.worldnet.att.net/~wa1sov/technical/sync_det.html

There are some very good working designs in the yaho syncdetector
group.

You ought to offer mods for the R75 to make a
more effective synch there.

--Mike L.

I don't have the time or space to get into commercial ventures.
Maybe after I retire aI will think about something along those lines.

Terry