RadioBanter

-   -   To RHF, et al. Re Loops (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/84270-re-rhf-et-al-re-loops.html)

SeeingEyeDog December 14th 05 12:57 AM

To RHF, et al. Re Loops

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

Dale Parfitt December 14th 05 01:03 AM

To RHF, et al. Re Loops

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

What does this mean? Broadbanded how? What does this have to do with the
radiation pattern?

Dale W4OP

Dale Parfitt December 14th 05 02:43 AM

To RHF, et al. Re Loops

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

I'll give you that- I modeled a 1/2 wave 80M dipole at 60' and a full wave
loop at 60'. Although the loop had a narrower VSWR bandwidth than the
dipole on 80M, it was no contest on bands above that- patterns are
squirrely, but the BW is quite interesting, and makes it usable with most
built in tuners

Dale W4OP