Old December 14th 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

Default To RHF, et al. Re Loops

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

Old December 14th 05, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

What does this mean? Broadbanded how? What does this have to do with the
radiation pattern?

Dale W4OP

Old December 14th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message

"Dale Parfitt"
IMHO, I fail to understand the fascination with the loop configuration.

A large horizontal loop is very broadbanded.
Flat response from its one wavelength circumference and up through the
entire HF bands.

I'll give you that- I modeled a 1/2 wave 80M dipole at 60' and a full wave
loop at 60'. Although the loop had a narrower VSWR bandwidth than the
dipole on 80M, it was no contest on bands above that- patterns are
squirrely, but the BW is quite interesting, and makes it usable with most
built in tuners

Dale W4OP