Old December 19th 05, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Joe Adamov passed away

I was just checking the Voice of Russia website and came across this notice that
Joe Adamov had passed away. It's undated so I don't know if this old news or
not.

http://www.vor.ru/English/JAdamov.html

R.I.P. Joe, we're sure gonna miss you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 19th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
I was just checking the Voice of Russia website and came across this notice that
Joe Adamov had passed away. It's undated so I don't know if this old news or
not.

http://www.vor.ru/English/JAdamov.html

R.I.P. Joe, we're sure gonna miss you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I remember correctly, you have had personal correspondence from Joe, and he read your mail on the
air.
I know this is a loss for you, and all who listen to VOR.

Old December 19th 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...
I was just checking the Voice of Russia website and came across this notice that
Joe Adamov had passed away. It's undated so I don't know if this old news or
not.

http://www.vor.ru/English/JAdamov.html

R.I.P. Joe, we're sure gonna miss you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I remember correctly, you have had personal correspondence from Joe, and he read your mail on the
air.
I know this is a loss for you, and all who listen to VOR.

Yeah, I got an autographed picture from him earlier this year.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 20th 05, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

For One and All,

VOR WebPage "JOE ADAMOV PASSED AWAY"
http://www.vor.ru/English/JAdamov.html
FWIW - The Webpage was 'created' on 12/19/2005
JAdamov.html @ 19-Dec-2005 @ 16:39 = 2k
Adamov.jpg @ 19-Dec-2005 @ 16:40 =27k
SOURCE = http://www.vor.ru/English/

Joe Adamov's last recorded Moscow Mailbag Show
was February 23, 2004 ?
http://www.vor.ru/Moscow_Mailbag/Adamov.html

MOSCOW MAILBAG (May 16 - May 22).
Joe Adamov - the regular host of this program,
who has been around for more than 60 years on it,
is currently vacationing.
#05-085 May 21, 2005
Glenn Hauser's DX Listening Digest

more than this i do not know ~ RHF
Old December 20th 05, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Vacationing? I hope he is having a "good time"
cuhulin

Old December 20th 05, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Breaking News! HOT NEWS! Joe Adamov is on one of them "crazy" Islands
off the mainland coast of Greece.He is having a "real good time" Too
Good News.
cuhulin

Old December 20th 05, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Indeed, Mr. Adamov will be truly missed. It was always a pleasure to
listen to Joe on Moscow Mailbag. He was very much a legend in his own
time and a wonderful personality whose affable good-nature always
beamed through in that instantly recognizable voice of his. We'll be
missing you, Joe.

junius

Old December 20th 05, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim

dx ace PLAINLY stated that he didnt know if this was old news or not! he
posted an on topic sw related post with news of interest to many and
disrespect to no one. (an unusual occasion indeed!) that wasnt good
enough so someone had to restore his usual foul tempered abusive mood!
hell, a guy cant win around here. (now watch while dx calls me a
retard!) cant anyone let a sleeping dog sleep?

Old December 20th 05, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Jim wrote:

dx ace PLAINLY stated that he didnt know if this was old news or not! he
posted an on topic sw related post with news of interest to many and
disrespect to no one. (an unusual occasion indeed!) that wasnt good
enough so someone had to restore his usual foul tempered abusive mood!

Yep, and guess what? It was a dumbass Canuck!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 20th 05, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
toTaLhAt

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:13:42 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

Jim wrote:

dx ace PLAINLY stated that he didnt know if this was old news or not! he
posted an on topic sw related post with news of interest to many and
disrespect to no one. (an unusual occasion indeed!) that wasnt good
enough so someone had to restore his usual foul tempered abusive mood!

Yep, and guess what? It was a dumbass Canuck!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

*