Old December 20th 05, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default 2006 SWL Festival in Kulpsville, PA / March 3-4, 2006

Hello folks,

I see that the registration form for the 19th annual SWL Festival in
Kulpsville, PA has recently been posted:

http://swlfest.com/index.html
http://swlfest.com/fest_registration.html

This event takes place 3-4 March 2006.

I've never attended the SWL Festival. Has anyone here attend any
previous SWL Festivals? If so, whatdya think? Anyone plannin' on
attendin' the 2006 Festival?

junius

Old December 21st 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Warren

On 20 Dec 2005 14:22:29 -0800, "junius" wrote:

Hello folks,

I see that the registration form for the 19th annual SWL Festival in
Kulpsville, PA has recently been posted:

http://swlfest.com/index.html
http://swlfest.com/fest_registration.html

This event takes place 3-4 March 2006.

I've never attended the SWL Festival. Has anyone here attend any
previous SWL Festivals? If so, whatdya think? Anyone plannin' on
attendin' the 2006 Festival?

junius

Hello junius,

I have attended 5 of the past 6 years.

I always have a good time. There are many seminars that are presented
over the two days that the fest runs (plus Thursday nights, or so I
hear). Last year Bob Zanotti (Swiss Radio International co-host of
the two Bobs program - now discontinued) and Ian McFarland od Radio
Canada International (now retired) put on a great presentation
emulating an actual type broadcast. You could close your eyes and
imagine listening to either on shortwave!

There are also presentations on scanners, DRM reception
demonstrations, Satellite TC (free to air, not Direct TV or such),
Pirate radio, ham radio and many, many more topics.

They also have a great Banquet on Saturday night and have many great
prizes in a drawing held at the banquet. A drawing ticket is included
with the registration packet (for full registration) and you can buy
more to increase your chances. They are $1.00 each and in the past
they had 6 for $5 and 13 for $10. The grand prize (in the past) have
been Drake R8B, Grundig Satellite, Lowe HF-150, Ten-Tec DSP (The
$1,200 one) and the computer controlled Ten-Tec. They also had an
Icon R-75. Many portables of lesser value plus many other radio items
including SalectAtenna and wire antennas. Also many books on
shortwave and other radio items.

There were just too many items to mention - you must get there if you
can - you will not be disappointed.

Warren

PS: I will be there if at all possible - had a GREAT time in the past.
Old December 21st 05, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Warren

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:26:34 GMT, Warren wrote:

On 20 Dec 2005 14:22:29 -0800, "junius" wrote:

Hello folks,

I see that the registration form for the 19th annual SWL Festival in
Kulpsville, PA has recently been posted:

http://swlfest.com/index.html
http://swlfest.com/fest_registration.html

This event takes place 3-4 March 2006.

I've never attended the SWL Festival. Has anyone here attend any
previous SWL Festivals? If so, whatdya think? Anyone plannin' on
attendin' the 2006 Festival?

junius

I forgot to mention that it is very easy to get there from the
Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It is immediately
off the Lansdale exit (first exit north from the East-West PA
Turnpike).

Warren