Old December 30th 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ECHO

I am just starting to get my Technician license. I'm wondering about
using the internet and print instead of voice to communicate via Short
Wave. I've been reading some about ECHO but don't have a good
understanding of that principle. Would one be able to communicate via
the internet with just a Technician's license or would I need a general
license?? Some people in the club that I'm part of mentioned something
about ECHO as a means of communicating but I think that might require
morse code which I don't know yet.

Thanks.

Old December 30th 05, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

http://www.tapr.org/packetradio.html

Old December 31st 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Packet Radio was mentioned to me -- but being as I'm new to all of this
-- I don't quite have a concept of that yet. But the website looks
very imformative. I'll have to spend some time studying up on it.
Thanks for the information.

Old December 31st 05, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Webcasts would still require me to "listen" right? That would not get
it in print?? I think??

The first echo box.... ( plus AN IDEA FOR HAMS) Hambone the Magnificent Shortwave 10 August 4th 05 05:44 AM
Echo Echo Echo Bub CB 5 January 21st 05 11:06 AM
Reflection Delay is it real??? Peter O. Brackett Antenna 7 September 20th 03 11:55 AM
rho = ( ZL - Zo ) / ( ZL + Zo } Cecil Moore Antenna 7 September 6th 03 09:50 AM