RadioBanter

-   -   Yeah,I am pickn em up, (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/85328-yeah-i-am-pickn-em-up.html)

[email protected] December 30th 05 03:30 AM

Yeah,I am pickn em up,

WSM Memphis 650 AM and WDIA Memphis 1070 AM (WDIA is a Hoot,they are
talking about New Years Resolutions and sex before marriage) and WHBQ
560 AM Memphis and WMC Memphis 790 AM comes in weaker than the other
stations.
cuhulin

David December 30th 05 04:53 AM

Yeah,I am pickn em up,

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:30:25 -0600, wrote:

WSM Memphis 650 AM and WDIA Memphis 1070 AM (WDIA is a Hoot,they are
talking about New Years Resolutions and sex before marriage) and WHBQ
560 AM Memphis and WMC Memphis 790 AM comes in weaker than the other
stations.
cuhulin

1000 KOMO S-10 Seattle

1160 KSL S-30 Salt Lake

1530 KFBK S-20 Sacramento

Oddly enough, 780 Reno is AWOL.

770 KKOB S-10 Albuquerque

850 KOA S-9.5 Denver

R8B 50' Random Wire (Palomar MLB)

Preamp Off

Canyon Country, CA USA

[email protected] December 30th 05 07:18 AM

Yeah,I am pickn em up,

Denver gals are easy,I can pick up Denver every night.I have picked up
Sacramento,Seattle and Salt Lake City before in years past.It isn't like
I go hunting for those radio stations every night.
cuhulin

m II December 31st 05 01:47 AM

Yeah,I am pickn em up,

wrote:

WSM Memphis 650 AM and WDIA Memphis 1070 AM (WDIA is a Hoot,they are
talking about New Years Resolutions and sex before marriage) and WHBQ
560 AM Memphis and WMC Memphis 790 AM comes in weaker than the other
stations.
cuhulin

I'm impressed. That kind of reception is limited to the very talented
and dedicated few. It's pure dxAce quality.

The sheer amount of receiver power needed to receive signals from
Memphis Tennessee in Jackson Mississippi just staggers the imagination.

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/state/mississippi.html

Very, very impressive.

mike

[email protected] December 31st 05 02:29 AM

Yeah,I am pickn em up,

I was pickin them Memphis radio stations up last night on my little
shirtpocket size Sony model no.SRF-M40W radio.It isn't any trick to pick
up Memphis from here in Jackson even with cheap old radios.
cuhulin