Old December 31st 05, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Voice of Biafra International

Voice of Biafra International (Clandestine, of sorts) heard here at 2100 s/on on
7380. Transmitter is in South Africa, program is announced as coming from
Washington, DC.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 31st 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer

2140 it is S9+10 in vernacular with many mentions of Biafra

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old December 31st 05, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

John Plimmer wrote:

2140 it is S9+10 in vernacular with many mentions of Biafra

Perhaps a bit of vernacular that I might have missed, but the program is in
English, at least what I'm hearing here.

S9+10 here as well.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 1st 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer

Yes, they did revert to a very strangled English after I sent the post.

dxAce wrote:
Transmitter is in South Africa, program is announced as coming from
Washington, DC.

I wonder about that as the program content seemed clandestine/pirate and all
the states down around here are very friendly with President Obasanjo of
Nigeria, so I really wonder at the TX site being in South Africa or any
other Southern African state. South Africa has a highly regulated broadcast
environment and any pirates are soon detected and shut down.

Also the U.S. government is friendly towards Nigeria and I question whether
the U.S. would officially sponsor anti-Nigerian broadcasts.

dxAce, where did you get this info on the TX site?