Old January 3rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DJ Bjorklund

Default AN-LP1 and Eton E1

Would the Sony antenna improve the SW reception of the new Eton E1, or
would its whip be superior?
Old January 3rd 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

DJ Bjorklund wrote:
Would the Sony antenna improve the SW reception of the new Eton E1, or
would its whip be superior?

It's an active antenna with a preselector and can be mounted in a window.

--
Brian Denley

Old January 3rd 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

I should think that the AN-LP1 would offer some improvement. While
I've not used the AN-LP1 w/the E1, I regularly use the AOR WL-500 with
the E1, and it offers a nice improvement over the whip (and an
improvement over the whip w/a Sangean ANT-60 roll-up passive antenna
connected).

Given my experience using the AN-LP1 in the past with other radios and
given the observed benefits of coupling the E1 with the active antenna
I'm currently using, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that the AN-LP1
will offer you a noticeable improvement over the whip alone.

Junius

Old January 3rd 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I know about them ccrane roll up antennas.When I bought my Sangean top
O' the line Shortwave radio from ccrane,I also bought one of them roll
up antennas.I sent that stuff back to ccrane company in
Fortuna,California.Geez,a little bit of wire in a plastic roll up case,I
can do better than that meself.
cuhulin

Old January 3rd 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The only way to know is to try it....maybe someone here or in the Yahoo
group devoted to the E1 can share their experience with you. Given what
Eton is charging for the E1, there ought to be a high quality, external
antenna included with the receiver.