Old January 4th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Unrevealed Source

Default Nice portable, but...

Anyone else think this went a little high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old January 4th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Definitely seems too high to me.

Old January 4th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Lord have mercy....

Old January 4th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If y'all think that is something,check out the $1.5 million dollar Omega
wris****ch at todays www.gizmodo.com
cuhulin

Old January 4th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Unrevealed Source wrote:
Anyone else think this went a little high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I guess the answer depends on whether you are a collector or user of
radios. A current model Sony 7600 or Degen DE1103 would provide equal
performance for a lot less money. OTOH a collector of Panasonic
radios, like the collector of Zenith TO's might be willing to chase the
price if the radio would fill a void in his collection.

You apparently have insight into what motivated the high bidder. Maybe
you would care to share those thoughts.

BTW, there is a Panasonic 8000 that is listed for close to $5,000 on
Ebay. To me the Panasonic 8000 is comparable to the Panasonic 5000,
numerous Sony luggables and the many Zenith TO's produced over the
years. They are all nice sounding below average performing radios that
to me might be worth one hundred dollars as a tabletop radio. But I'm
not a collector and I know collectors will chase nice versions of those
radios to high prices.