RadioBanter

-   -   Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/85838-got-my-tg-33-amplified-m-w-loop-antenna-today.html)

Jim Hackett January 6th 06 03:38 AM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

I only had about an hour to play with it but in a word, I would say WOW! I
used my DE-1103 to obtain the results. I tuned from 520-1710 counting all
the stations I could understand. Here are my initial results:

Without the TG-33 I received 45 stations here in San Jose.
Using the TG-33 inductively coupled to the 1103 I received 96 different
stations. That is more than DOUBLE! I haven't done any other kind of
testing yet. I will do more tomorrow.

I have a Radio Shack passive loop that I thought worked pretty well but this
is MUCH better. With the appx. 15 ft. cable you can get the antenna high up
in the air. The only thing it lacks is a way to attach it to the radio. I
used a small stick-on Velcro fastener to accomplish this. Maybe Degen will
include this later. I don't know how much this unit will cost but I would
suspect that it would be comparable to their shortwave loop antenna but I'm
only guessing.

frank halaburak January 6th 06 05:36 AM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

"Jim Hackett" a écrit dans le message de news:
t...
[...]

Hi Jim, Where did you buy it ? I did a search and nothing came up for
TG-33

Thanks, Frank

RHF January 6th 06 08:10 AM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

JH,

Care to share a little more information about the
TG-33 Amplified M.W. Loop Antenna with us ?

Link/URL ?

Where did you buy it from ?

Who Makes It ?

i want to know ~ RHF

[email protected] January 6th 06 04:20 PM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

Huh? Never heard of the TG-33. Who makes it?

Steve

Telamon January 7th 06 05:53 AM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

In article et,
"Jim Hackett" wrote:

[...]

Small amplified loop antennas are the way to go for medium wave and at
least the lower SW bands where local noise competes more with signals.

For the same reason they should be better for LW.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Lucky January 7th 06 06:14 PM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Jim, Where did you buy it ? I did a search and nothing came up for
TG-33

Thanks, Frank

Per a notification via a Yahoo group I belong to for DE/KA1102 users, Tao
Qu
("Radio and Component" store on eBay) will be putting them up there for
sale
shortly. I am told, but am not sure, they're the same as the DE31 antenna
which is also sold on eBay.

Jackie

Hi BuzzyGirl

I listen to Hams on frequencies between
3800 to 4000 approx. I see the Degen 31 loop antenna only works between 3.9
and 22. Is that definitely correct? I mean the loop would do nothing for me
for frequencies under 3.9??????

Thanks
Lucky

Lucky January 7th 06 06:20 PM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Hi there Jim

That sounds almost incredible. You picked an additional 45 brand new
stations with this new loop?? I mean that's extremely incredible. It's
like having a brand new radio! I want one then for sure.

Amazed
Lucky

Buzzygirl January 7th 06 07:22 PM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

I listen to Hams on frequencies between
3800 to 4000 approx. I see the Degen 31 loop antenna only works between

3.9
and 22. Is that definitely correct? I mean the loop would do nothing for

me
for frequencies under 3.9??????

Lucky,

I'm not sure myself, I haven't used this antenna. However, I found a couple
other sites that discuss this antenna, and it seems that the range is 3.9-22
MHz. FWIW, most of the reviews I've read on this antenna have been positive,
and its owners attest to its being a real bargain.

Jackie

Frank Halaburak January 8th 06 02:19 AM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

Hi there Jim

That sounds almost incredible. You picked an additional 45 brand new
stations with this new loop?? I mean that's extremely incredible. It's
like having a brand new radio! I want one then for sure.

Amazed
Lucky
Hi Lucky, tquchina on ebay has them listed for $16.90

switcher January 8th 06 07:49 PM

Got my TG-33 amplified M.W. loop antenna today!

In article ,
"Buzzygirl" wrote:

I listen to Hams on frequencies between
3800 to 4000 approx. I see the Degen 31 loop antenna only works between

3.9
and 22. Is that definitely correct? I mean the loop would do nothing for

me
for frequencies under 3.9??????

Lucky,

I'm not sure myself, I haven't used this antenna. However, I found a couple
other sites that discuss this antenna, and it seems that the range is 3.9-22
MHz. FWIW, most of the reviews I've read on this antenna have been positive,
and its owners attest to its being a real bargain.

Jackie

on

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/oc/

I put some pictures of self made loops

with pvc pipe or hulahoop !

more turns makes them have a lower freq

eg the 1 meter hula is about 5.5-12 Mhz,
I already made an AM ant with the hula ..

calculations in Meters:

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/amloop.htm

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/apple/