Old January 9th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

Default Help-New Sangean can't pick up and SW/LW ???

Icefish wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I got a
Sangean ATS 505 for Christmas and have been playing with it for last 2
nights and can not raise anything on SW or LW. I do get great AM & FM
reception. I have plugged in the Ext. Ant 60 and streched it out
across my living room on beams in the ceiling. I read tons of 'stuff'
on web pages - tried dialing in on a couple dozen frequencies listed -
even ones aimed at Americas - still nothing.

I've moved from bedroom to living room and still nothing.

I do have 3 wireless home phone lines (2.4; 5.8 freq) and Linksys
Wrt54G with repeater in the house - would that affect my reception?

Other than that I live in NH - a fairly remote area 2 1/2 miles north
of Boston...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated - point me to newbie web
sites or whatever...I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!
Icefish

Can you get any of the time stations 5000,1000,1500, etc?